Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:09:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion)  (Read 2399 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: May 27, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »

Yeah, I'm back.

I support the legal right to an abortion, of course.  But I'm a bit different from most other people who support abortion rights -- because, I don't really have much of a moral opposition to abortion.  I don't really give a [Inks] if people just abort because they don't want babby.

In fact, I think that the social...ideas about fetuses and abortion should be changed, to make it less of a serious issue.  It'd be a win-win -- no more women sinking into depression because even pro-choice people made them feel like they killed a person, and no more 16 and Pregnant.

I was wondering -- does anyone else feel this way, at least in terms of not really giving a crap about fetuses?

Now...

I do have some moral qualms.  Like sex-selective abortion done for blatantly misogynous (or misandronous) reasons, or aborting fetuses that have disorders that aren't debilitating but just make people kind of abnormal (like Asperger's).  But that's about it.

Whats your reasoning for opposing these? I would think opposition to these kinds of abortion would depend on those same ideas about fetuses that you want to get rid of.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies