Prosletyzing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Prosletyzing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your view?
Positive

Neutral

Creepy

Hate it - should be banned

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Prosletyzing  (Read 4436 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 29, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »

Not my thing, but I have no problem with it as long as the proselytizers are polite, and not too aggressive, and don't ring my doorbell, disturbing my peace. I wish my house were designed so I could put up a locked gate to keep away the peddlers, but also the architectural layout precludes that. Still I quite enjoyed my last two encounters, one with an LDS couple trying to persuade me to vote for Prop 8 (that was where I was exposed to this churches will have to host gay weddings rap), and a Jehovah's Witness guy.  He had his Bible, and I had my Bible as literature book. Tongue   He told me after I said I was one of the few who was an out of the closet atheist basically, and he said, that in his wanderings, he runs into more and more such un-closeteds. But then it's California. Smiley Oh yes, at the end he wanted to read something from the Bible to me. I asked him if I could read it to him instead, and he accommodated me. Yes, you guessed it, the verse he picked for me to read out loud  was the one about the meek shall inherit the Earth. Was he trying to tell me something?  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies