The Game of Thrones "spoiler" thread (don't read if you don't want spoilers)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Game of Thrones "spoiler" thread (don't read if you don't want spoilers)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Game of Thrones "spoiler" thread (don't read if you don't want spoilers)  (Read 473 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2012, 04:21:19 AM »

So, huh, I accidentlly read some sh**t I didn't want to while looking something else up.  I don't know why I did it, but I did it.  At first it was just the part about Jamie and the giant chick which I guess is all going to come to a head tonight, but then I stumbled upon the "Red Wedding".  Oh my.  That's going to suck.  I can't talk about it with the wife, she is trying hard to stay spoiler free, but I just wanted to discuss it with those of you who have read the books.  Thoughts?  I guess it's not going to go down until next season, yes?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »

I haven't seen the show, but i'm guessing the Red Wedding would be the perfect cliffhanger to end the season with. It certainly plays a major part in the ongoing storyline.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »

I was really mad when I read the books and the Red Wedding happened. Thankfully there was that other wedding soon afterwards to cheer me up.

Of course they've changed a bit in Robb's love-story-line so it'll be intresting how that will affect the story in the TV-show. 
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

I haven't seen the show, but i'm guessing the Red Wedding would be the perfect cliffhanger to end the season with. It certainly plays a major part in the ongoing storyline.

Since they are splitting book three into two seasons, it probably is a good spot. People thought Ned getting his head chopped off was a big deal, but that ain't nothin compared to the Red Wedding. I have to wonder if people will drop the series over it, but I could imagine it would also drive book sales.

You should really read the books, dead0man - the show is a brilliant adaptation, but you miss out on a good deal of detail. The direwolves and dragons are much more prominent as well. There's also hints to things that have not been alluded to in the show.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »

You should really read the books, dead0man - the show is a brilliant adaptation, but you miss out on a good deal of detail. The direwolves and dragons are much more prominent as well. There's also hints to things that have not been alluded to in the show.
The wife has said she is going to read them...but not until the ENTIRE show is over and done with...which will be (hopefully) many years from now.  I've never read "fantasy" type stuff, but I've already told her I'll read the first book when she's done with it and see how it goes.  I kind of stopped reading fiction all together in my early 20s (other than a Steinbeck phase I went through a couple of years ago).  I kind of don't want to wait....but on the other hand, I kind of do...but on the third hand, I've already learned...what I'm assuming is...the biggest "spoiler" of all with what I know of the "red wedding"....and I will be needing a Game of Throne fix pretty shortly after the season wraps up.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »

I was really mad when I read the books and the Red Wedding happened. Thankfully there was that other wedding soon afterwards to cheer me up.
Ha!..it made me angry too.  And I don't even know of this "other" wedding you speak of. 
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Interesting.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »

Anyone else eagerly awaiting developments in the North North in the next book?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »

Having now watched the second season of the show...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Yeah, they're not going to kill Robb in the immediate future.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »

Traditionally, GRRM is slated to write the most important episode of each season (e.g., he wrote Ned's head in Season 1 and Blackwater in Season 2); right now he's slated for Episode 7 of Season 3, so I presume that's when the Red Wedding will happen.  It makes some sense for it to be that early.  Robb's plotline has been advanced a few chapters ahead of what it was in the books.

So sorry to hear about those of you who were spoiled before reading the books Sad the RW is not something you want to have spoiled for you.  Though, as Swedish Cheese noted, there's another wedding to look forward to.

Anyone else eagerly awaiting developments in the North North in the next book?

Ehhhh... the Sam parts of them?  Sam's basically my hero.  I really don't like Jon, though, so I'm not looking forward to more of him and his torturous subplot he's about to embark on.  (I generally like his compatriots, though, except for... the main one... who's just annoying.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies