FL: Crist(D) leads Scott 48-34 for 2014 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:09:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Crist(D) leads Scott 48-34 for 2014 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Crist(D) leads Scott 48-34 for 2014 election  (Read 4646 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
« edited: May 29, 2012, 06:30:32 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Encouraging.  How would Jeb Bush fare in a face-to-face matchup with Rick Scott in the GOP gubernatorial primary?  

Well. Very, very well. See, Jeb is actually liked, which Lord Voldemort is not.

Society of the Tarpon Belt must be quite pleased.

I can see Crist easily winning a Democratic primary as well, especially if it's him vs Nan Rich/Alex Sink. Charlie'd run up big margins in Tampa Bay, the African-American communities, the teachers, and the North FL/Panhandle Blue Dogs, while Rich/Sink split South FL and the progressive vote. Crist wins in a walk.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »

How do you know that term? Are you from Pinellas too?

Lived in St. Pete all my life. Remember?

Rep. C.W. "Bill" Young: lawmaker; he's been up there for 40 some years, a good chunk of that time (20 years?) on Appropriations (I believe his record is $167 mil to his district in pork in a year).

Senator C.W. "Bill" Nelson: lawmaker; seems to be a pragmatist and a moderate.

Senator Marco Rubio: advertiser, tea party darling, etc, etc, etc.

We live in the same district!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:40:34 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2012, 06:50:09 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Rep. C.W. "Bill" Young: lawmaker; he's been up there for 40 some years, a good chunk of that time (20 years?) on Appropriations (I believe his record is $167 mil to his district in pork in a year).

Ah right. I for one can't wait for Crist to get back into action.

A certain Mr. Jones has retired from his Senate spot, and a Mr. Young will soon (in the next 4 years; he's been in the House 40+ years). A certain Rep. Brandes seems to be a rather weak incumbent, and I could see a rematch against a Mr. Rubio. Mr. Scott, of course, seems the most viable option; however, I'd most like to see him against a Mr. Foster.

Basically, Crist has a shot at any office (FL Senate, House, FL House, Senate, Governor, St. Pete Mayor) he chooses.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:06:16 AM »

Ah right. I for one can't wait for Crist to get back into action.

A certain Mr. Jones has retired from his Senate spot, and a Mr. Young will soon (in the next 4 years; he's been in the House 40+ years). A certain Rep. Brandes seems to be a rather weak incumbent, and I could see a rematch against a Mr. Rubio. Mr. Scott, of course, seems the most viable option; however, I'd most like to see him against a Mr. Foster.

Basically, Crist has a shot at any office (FL Senate, House, FL House, Senate, Governor, St. Pete Mayor) he chooses.

The only problem I see with Crist running for house is that the most democratic area of Pinellas County is in Kathy Castor's district (South Pinellas). That being said I still think Crist can win if Young were to retire.

True, but even with redistricting Young's district is only R+1, and given that it's Pinellas (and that Charlie is closer to Jim Matheson that Bernie Sanders), it should be a relatively easy win. Now, if he ran againsy Young, that'd be interesting; 40-year incumbent with big fundraising and loyalty vs former governor with big fundraising and loyalty.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »

Is there any reason to think Crist is planning a run as a dem or is this just wishful thinking?

He's been fundraising and campaigning with some Dems (Al Lawson for one).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »

Is there any reason to think Crist is planning a run as a dem or is this just wishful thinking?

He's been fundraising and campaigning with some Dems (Al Lawson for one).

He donated to Patrick Murphy, and was seen last week at a fundraiser with Dave Aronberg.

Carole Crist is a registered Democrat (Charlie: "She's very bright"), Morgan & Morgan is a big Democratic donator, he's appeared at events with Jackie Pons (Leon County (Tallahassee) School Superintendant) and Ken Welch (Pinellas County Commissioner), he's been writing these op-eds and of course:

David Axelrod: “The president has a very high regard for Gov. Crist. He made a really courageous decision back in 2009 and there's no doubt that he made it because he thought it was what was best for the state of Florida. He understood the politics were difficult and he made it nonetheless. He deserves enormous credit for that and the courage he showed. You know we all talk about that we want public officials who are willing to put the next generation ahead of the next election and he was willing to make a decision like that. So we admire him.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies