FL-18: Murphy(D) internal poll shows him tied with West(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:53:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  FL-18: Murphy(D) internal poll shows him tied with West(R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-18: Murphy(D) internal poll shows him tied with West(R)  (Read 3901 times)
ajc0918
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
« edited: May 10, 2012, 12:55:18 PM by ajc0918 »

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/05/democrat-murphys-poll-shows-him-tied-with-allen-west/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Allen West (R) 45
Patrick Murphy (D) 45
Undecided 10

Florida CD18. n=500 sample1; Likely November 2012 Voters;
4.3% margin of error; May 6-8.

http://www.patrickmurphy2012.com/media/cd18pollmemo.pdf
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »

Internals?
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »

I find tied internals rarely bode well for the individual who commissioned them.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »

West is no Grayson, even if some fringe lefties think so. West is a man of the people.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »

Still early, but this sort of clashes with the "West is doomed" narrative.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »

Hmm, I actually did think "West is doomed". If he's tied in his opponents internal, he's probably actually winning here by a few points. Nice.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:14:35 AM »

Still early, but this sort of clashes with the "West is doomed" narrative.

West was doomed if he ran at his old district. This one is more hospitable but even so a nutjob like him is hardly a good fit.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »

West is no Grayson, even if some fringe lefties think so. West is a man of the people.
I live in West’s district, and have met him many times, as I have pointed out...many times. West is not a man of the people. His town halls are more like rallies, and if you are not a neocon ultra hawk, you are roundly booed.

Don't get me wrong-I like Allen West personally, and I hope he wins in the 18th district, but I cannot stand having him as my congressperson.

On a separate note, when will the new polls for FL-22 come out? I have been working for Hasners campaign as a volunteer, but I have no idea how we are polling against psycho chick (Frankel).

Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »

I find tied internals rarely bode well for the individual who commissioned them.

It boded well for Bob Gibbs and Todd Young.
hopper
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:36 PM »

Well lefties like Grayson and don't think he is nuts for some reason. I just find Grayson's rhetoric to be way over the top. His rhetoric is even worse than West's. I can't beileve he is going back to Congress either(Grayson.)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »

Well lefties like Grayson and don't think he is nuts for some reason. I just find Grayson's rhetoric to be way over the top. His rhetoric is even worse than West's. I can't beileve he is going back to Congress either(Grayson.)

I personally am not very fond of either.  However the statements and actions of West have been far worse in my mind.
EmersonAdams
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »

I personally am not very fond of either.  However the statements and actions of West have been far worse in my mind.

This. I'm a die hard progressive, but even I think Grayson is over the top. I don't mind my politicians being feisty, but there is a difference between being strong and being disrespectful. However, I feel West is downright dangerous. Calling 80 members of congress "communist" is irresponsible in the extreme, and I feel he poses a genuine threat to political compromise in our country.
hopper
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »

At least West would never say "die quickly" on the House Floor though. That was way over the top in my opinion for Grayson to say.
hopper
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 09:16:30 AM »

This. I'm a die hard progressive, but even I think Grayson is over the top. I don't mind my politicians being feisty, but there is a difference between being strong and being disrespectful. However, I feel West is downright dangerous. Calling 80 members of congress "communist" is irresponsible in the extreme, and I feel he poses a genuine threat to political compromise in our country.
Thank you for being for in your assesment of Grayson's rhetoric.

Still saying "die quickly" which Grayson said is worse than West calling the Dems communists. I mean saying the Republican Party wants old people to die quickly? Come on now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »

Still saying "die quickly" which Grayson said is worse than West calling the Dems communists. I mean saying the Republican Party wants old people to die quickly? Come on now.

Oh please. Watch the actual speech. It was a pointed argument that the GOP had absolutely no laternative health care response whatsoever. Whereas West honestly thinks a substantial number of the opposing party are bona fide tratoirs.

Greayson's biggest problem is it allows right wingers to excuse themselves of the many many many crazies running the show in their party by using Grayson to "argue" that "both sides are just as extremem".
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »

West is a crazy person who claimed that 80 members of Congress are communists and that conservatives should "fix their bayonents". He's either a con man who stirs up Tea Partiers with violent rhetoric, or a true believer, in which case he's dangerously wrong.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »

He's too-much-for-comfort of both.
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »

Oh please. Watch the actual speech. It was a pointed argument that the GOP had absolutely no laternative health care response whatsoever. Whereas West honestly thinks a substantial number of the opposing party are bona fide tratoirs.

Greayson's biggest problem is it allows right wingers to excuse themselves of the many many many crazies running the show in their party by using Grayson to "argue" that "both sides are just as extremem".
You think saying old people die quickly is good because the GOP didn't have a plan you are saying. Thats an awkward response to my post.

I agree the Republicans have gone far to far to the right on some issues and I have pointed it out on here. The Dems have some crazies too that want to bankrupt the country. All they want to do is spend money that we don't have. They get away with it because the mainstream media protects the Dems. People like Matt Lauer, Ann Curry,and Robin Roberts will never say bad things about the Dems. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »

that's neither what I, nor grayson, said.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of grayson's. He's a blowhard defined. But let's not kid ourselves about the far-right's dominance of the gop.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies