Artur Davis (R-VA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Artur Davis (R-VA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Artur Davis (R-VA)  (Read 4331 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »

I would be surprised if Davis doesn't end up as a commentator on Fox.  They deserve each other, tbh.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »

Interesting that he thought he had a better chance running against a white moderate Democrat in a swing (soon-to-be-lean Democratic) district than against his fellow 'brutha' Bobby Scott.  Tells you a lot about black conservative Republicans that they can only win on the backs of whites.  

It doesn't tell you anything except what everyone already knows - which is that most blacks are Democrats.  What is more telling is the contempt some people have for the decision of a black conservative to join the more conservative party. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »

I don't get him. Is he just a really sore loser?

You don't see Blanche Lincoln joining the Republicans or Bob Bennett joining the Democrats.
No Bennent is a rock solid conservative. He is no RINO either. He voted for TARP and did the Wyden-Bennent Healthcare Bill which made Tea Partiers mad. That Healthcare Bil(Wyden-Bennent) is what ObamaCare should have been in the first place though!

Lincoln voted for ObamaCare thats why she was beaten in 2010.

Lincoln was toast, Obamacare vote or not.

Pretty much. Lincoln voting against Obamacare would result in Halter as a nominee.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »

Bear in mind that the SC district Tim Scott won as an African-American Republican was nearly won by a lesbian Democratic candidate in the previous election.
hopper
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »

Bear in mind that the SC district Tim Scott won as an African-American Republican was nearly won by a lesbian Democratic candidate in the previous election.
I didn't know about the lesbian dem candidate in 2008 that went for Scott's current seat. Thats interesting.
hopper
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »

I don't get him. Is he just a really sore loser?

You don't see Blanche Lincoln joining the Republicans or Bob Bennett joining the Democrats.
No Bennent is a rock solid conservative. He is no RINO either. He voted for TARP and did the Wyden-Bennent Healthcare Bill which made Tea Partiers mad. That Healthcare Bil(Wyden-Bennent) is what ObamaCare should have been in the first place though!

Lincoln voted for ObamaCare thats why she was beaten in 2010.

Lincoln was toast, Obamacare vote or not.

Pretty much. Lincoln voting against Obamacare would result in Halter as a nominee.
I don't think Obamacare was popular with Arkansas Democrats though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »

NOVA might be a good fit for this guy, if his presentation skills match his Harvard resumee. I have not heard him on the tube to judge.
Too bad Frank Wolf isn't retiring. That seat would have been perfect for Davis I think. Right outside of Northern Va. there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 12:47:01 AM »

Hilariously he was the first Congressman outside of Illinois to endorse Obama.

But anyways, good riddance to bad trash.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »

NOVA might be a good fit for this guy, if his presentation skills match his Harvard resumee. I have not heard him on the tube to judge.
Too bad Frank Wolf isn't retiring. That seat would have been perfect for Davis I think. Right outside of Northern Va. there.

I fail to see why Republican primary voters would flock to some dude carpetbagging from Alabama whose entire political career up until now has basically been the epitome of Moderate Heroism and "I'm a Democrat, but some Democrats are too extreme."

Besides as we learned from Parker Griffith and Arlen Specter, voters tend not to like party switchers in general. Not just a recent occurrence too, check out Michael Forbes for one.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 01:35:13 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2012, 01:37:50 AM by The Grass Withers and its Flower Falls »

Interesting that he thought he had a better chance running against a white moderate Democrat in a swing (soon-to-be-lean Democratic) district than against his fellow 'brutha' Bobby Scott.  Tells you a lot about black conservative Republicans that they can only win on the backs of whites. 

It doesn't tell you anything except what everyone already knows - which is that most blacks are Democrats.  What is more telling is the contempt some people have for the decision of a black conservative to join the more conservative party. 

Davis might be a Moderate Hero prick, but he is hardly a "black conservative". His 21.38 ACU rating clearly put him on the right wing of the Democratic Party, but is far off from any Republican. In 2008 for example he had an 85% ADA rating and and in his first year he had a 90% one. He went down to 55% in 2010, but that turn to the right was obviously due to his upcoming Gubernatorial campaign. Now in comparison to a real conservative Democrat Bobby Bright from his same state had a 65 lifetime ACU rating and 10% from ADA in 2010 and 20% in 2009.

Put simply he's simply an attention whore.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies