Assange loses extradition appeal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Assange loses extradition appeal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Assange loses extradition appeal  (Read 3399 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 31, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »

-cool to see everyone giving world power the benefit of the doubt rather than the other side.

-Al's giddiness throughout the unfolding of this case is a case-in-point of (one of) the crucial errors in his world-view.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »

and you're not trying at all, it comes naturally as the breeze.  your point?  there's a life on both sides, people congregate on both sides.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »

again, that's fine -- there are the people who will appreciate it and those who won't.  a note on bgwah, the unity from my pov is largely tactical; he brings the most 'talent', so be it.  he can be on the other side in his spare time.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »

-Al's giddiness throughout the unfolding of this case is a case-in-point of (one of) the crucial errors in his world-view.

Leaving aside the wording ('giddiness'?), in what way?

you take issue with my language quite often.  to summarize, and this view has been hardened in conference with a fellow poster, you continue to have a blind and naive faith in existing democratic institutions, in particular the bankrupt social democratic strain you're still married to.  or may be as simple as you are too buried in 1960s Welsh history to poke your head out long enough to care about or understand the present, a fate which engulfs plenty of the well-meaning academics I came across.  in this case, your lack of vitriol for what I called "international power" allows you to get caught up in the 'facts of the case'; did Assange fail to use a condom, etc.  I remember two relevant remarks: first, you hastened to remind everyone that the charges were, in fact, of a severe nature, and second, that the Wikileaks leak didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.  thus painting Assange as a living tautology unworthy of a cause-celebre.

Tweed clearly thinks that anyone who opposes the international system should be freed from judgement on petty things like criminal behavior.  Fatal symptom of how the hard left puts "the people" (an abstraction) as somehow more important than, well, people (like the woman Assange raped).

at best you are overgeneralizing in the first sentence -- we are talking about Julian Assange, not some poster on RevLeft who does nothing.  the second part, it does not take much effort to remove those murdered by US power in, let's limit it to the post-War, from the abstract and displace them into the concrete.  go vote Obama like an adult.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »

actually not, but flattered that you'd think so.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »

trust me, I've learned to recognize your use of invective.  not that it took too much learning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies