Wisconsin Recall: Swing Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:39:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Recall: Swing Map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Recall: Swing Map  (Read 5121 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »

The percent swing toward either Barrett or Walker in tonight's election. I apologize for not using strict atlas colours or for using sharper colours to illustrate a contrast.

There really wasn't a strong swing in either direction for either candidate, which matches the meager 1% shift from 2010.

Note the distinct pattern of the shorter the bus ride from out of state the closer to the border the greater swing towards the Democrat.

I've really been enjoying this GOP talking point that the election was influenced by Democratic operatives from out of state.  I've no doubt whatsoever that Walker's 8:1 funding advantage was totally from within Wisconsin...
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

I've really been enjoying this GOP talking point that the election was influenced by Democratic operatives from out of state.  I've no doubt whatsoever that Walker's 8:1 funding advantage was totally from within Wisconsin...

by 8:1 you mean 1:1 right?

"If we don't count this 25 million we spent, than they outspent us!"
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 10:54:58 PM »

LOL
BigSkyBob

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »

That was "reportable" expenditures. Were there expenditures made that were not reportable?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

That was "reportable" expenditures. Were there expenditures made that were not reportable?
Yes.  The salaries of the paid operatives that flooded into the state for instance, is not typically reported.  The graphic is only what they've been able to track so far.  It's almost impossible to find everything. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Maybe the "Finnish vote" (a silly comment made by Barone), is turning back to the Dems, in which event maybe Craavack is in real trouble. Smiley More to the point, it probably is pretty heavily unionized up there (dock workers and the like up there in Superior).
Are you calling me Barone or did he say that as well?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies