Pingvin vs MustCrushCapitalism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:15:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Pingvin vs MustCrushCapitalism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Pingvin vs MustCrushCapitalism
P/P

P/MCC

MCC/P

MCC/MCC

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Pingvin vs MustCrushCapitalism  (Read 6870 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »

I'll never vote for a Nazi. Not even in an internet poll. Nazism is banned in many countries. It should be here, too Tongue

What happened to the whole free speech thing?

I don't believe Nazis should be given 'free speech'. I really don't.

So because they don't agree with your views, you don't think they're entitled to be allowed a voice? See, that's fascism right there...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »

I'll never vote for a Nazi. Not even in an internet poll. Nazism is banned in many countries. It should be here, too Tongue

So because they don't agree with your views, you don't think they're entitled to be allowed a voice? See, that's fascism right there...

Ya. People don't seem to realize that fascists are arguing from the same perspective when they talk about eradicating a race or crushing certain political movements. If you took a conservative (or "fascist") and replaced Julio's comments with "Commies", what does that sound like?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »

I'll never vote for a communist. Not even in an internet poll. Communism is banned in many countries. It should be here, too Tongue

I don't believe communists should be given 'free speech'. I really don't.

Ya. People don't seem to realize that fascists are arguing from the same perspective when they talk about eradicating a race or crushing certain political movements. If you took a conservative (or "fascist") and replaced Julio's comments with "Commies", what does that sound like?

See quote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

Look guys, I tend to react very strongly to kind of views Pingvin is presenting, but I think some of you are way too harsh on him. Please take into an account that he's very young and he can remain friendly with users very ideologically diverse from him.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »

Look guys, I tend to react very strongly to kind of views Pingvin is presenting, but I think some of you are way too harsh on him. Please take into an account that he's very young and he can remain friendly with users very ideologically diverse from him.

None of the rest of us were Nazis at that age.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 08:21:30 AM »

Nazis are against democracy. They're dangerous. I don't think they should "be entitled to be allowed a voice" if we want to keep Democracy alive. Remember Hitler?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 11:03:31 AM »

Nazis are against democracy. They're dangerous. I don't think they should "be entitled to be allowed a voice" if we want to keep Democracy alive. Remember Hitler?

So you'd support banning and muzzling all monarchists, aristocrats, fascists, theocrats, etc? As a logical extension of this, the works of such authors as Nietzsche, Plato, and Tolstoy should be banned, because the authors opposed a democratic system? If they are not allowed a voice, then they've already won, because the society which restricts the right to free speech has already begun moving towards fascism.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »

This is someone's website on the Internet, not a proving ground for free speech theory.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »

None of the rest of us were Nazis at that age.

Which doesn't mean people can't change and mature over the years. I'm not going to permanently discount anyone based on early life stupidity.

This is someone's website on the Internet, not a proving ground for free speech theory.

Here I agree. We're guests on this site and we must obey owner's rules. The same way you're a guest in somebody's home and you have to obey his rules.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »

So you're saying Julio is a sock of Dave? Because he (and the moderators) are the ones that set the rules on such.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

So you'd support banning and muzzling all monarchists, aristocrats, fascists, theocrats, etc? As a logical extension of this, the works of such authors as Nietzsche, Plato, and Tolstoy should be banned, because the authors opposed a democratic system? If they are not allowed a voice, then they've already won, because the society which restricts the right to free speech has already begun moving towards fascism.

I'd support banning ideologies which are based in killing those you don't like (jewish or turkish, it's the same). It'd be difficult to bann monarchists in Spain...

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »

I'd support banning ideologies which are based in killing those you don't like (jewish or turkish, it's the same). It'd be difficult to bann monarchists in Spain...

Those who advocate monarchy are inherently antidemocratic and dangerous and should be banned if we want to keep democracy alive, no?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »

Those who advocate monarchy are inherently antidemocratic and dangerous and should be banned if we want to keep democracy alive, no?

Are you familiar with the recent history of democracy in Spain?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »

Are you familiar with the recent history of democracy in Spain?

Yes, yes, King transitioned from Franco, but in general, monarchy is not conductive to democracy (see Saudi Arabia).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:54 AM »

Saudi Arabia is the exception, monarchies in most countries today are pretty meaningless and serve as no threat nor benefit to democracy. Though I would support abolishing them in most cases (ESPECIALLY in Canada and Australia.)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 02:30:27 AM »

They're not dangerous. If they start killing people  or supporting that (like PingVin and his Greek Party), I don't see any reasons not to Ban them from the democratic system.

For example, ANV, Sortu, Batasuna... All parties who supported ETA, were banned here in Spain, in a democracy. Then, Bildu promissed to respect the rules of our Constitution, to say they were against ETA violence, and now they have 6 seats in the Parliament Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies