Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 07:59:29 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  "mine eyes have seen the glory that is the coming of the Lord"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "mine eyes have seen the glory that is the coming of the Lord"  (Read 595 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:46:34 am »
Ignore

in a mirror, dimly lit
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:10:31 am »
Ignore

meh, baseball.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:27:40 am »
Ignore

Pond Scum

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Iceland

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:54 am »
Ignore

Can't wait for the Mets next no hitter 50 years from now.

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:04 am »
Ignore

Indeed.  Shame it happened against the Cards...but we're good, we've got 10 of 'em (plus all those championships!)...and before you say, "buy hey, dead0, the Cardinals have been around for a century longer than the Mets!", sure, they have but, but they also have 6 of them since the Mets came into existence.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 09:57:08 am »
Ignore

Pond Scum

in other news I am coming around to your view in opposition to the disease model of addiction.  preferring instead 'maladaptive coping mechanism' or 'impulse control disorder'

in a mirror, dimly lit
patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:41 am »
Ignore

Just deleted my earlier thread. 

I had free box seats and beer to the game last night but stupidly declined.  I'm going to get my chops broken because I missed a chance to see Mets history live but I'm still pumped they finally managed to get this done. 

Dead0 there hasnt exactly been a lot for the Mets to cheer about so enough of your thread $hit. I still want revenge for the 2004 NLCS.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 10:30:29 am »
Ignore

Mets lol.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:02 am »
Ignore

Indeed.  Shame it happened against the Cards...but we're good, we've got 10 of 'em (plus all those championships!)...and before you say, "buy hey, dead0, the Cardinals have been around for a century longer than the Mets!", sure, they have but, but they also have 6 of them since the Mets came into existence.

Too bad we can't seem to win lately.  Any word on Berkman or is he gone for the season?  We're getting perilously close to being passed over for second place by the PITTSBURGH PIRATES!!!

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 10:36:18 am »
Ignore

I had free box seats and beer to the game last night but stupidly declined.  I'm going to get my chops broken because I missed a chance to see Mets history live but I'm still pumped they finally managed to get this done. 

Dead0 there hasnt exactly been a lot for the Mets to cheer about so enough of your thread $hit. I still want revenge for the 2004 NLCS.
Hey, you had the coke heads in the mid 80s, isn't that enough?

(and I think you meant 2006..and really, who takes with two strikes?...especially in that situation...that's just bad baseball)

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38:00 am »
Ignore

Keith Hernandez did most of his coke as a Cardinal.

in a mirror, dimly lit
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38:41 am »
Ignore

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=69275.0

in a mirror, dimly lit
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 10:42:06 am »
Ignore

Keith Hernandez did most of his coke as a Cardinal.
That's why we gave him to the Mets.  As Whitey put it, "he was a cancer".

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 10:43:28 am »
Ignore

Indeed.  Shame it happened against the Cards...but we're good, we've got 10 of 'em (plus all those championships!)...and before you say, "buy hey, dead0, the Cardinals have been around for a century longer than the Mets!", sure, they have but, but they also have 6 of them since the Mets came into existence.

Too bad we can't seem to win lately.  Any word on Berkman or is he gone for the season?  We're getting perilously close to being passed over for second place by the PITTSBURGH PIRATES!!!
It's early....at least we ain't the Cubs.  Another year where they are out of it by June 1st.

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:39 am »
Ignore

Hey, you had the coke heads in the mid 80s, isn't that enough?

(and I think you meant 2006..and really, who takes with two strikes?...especially in that situation...that's just bad baseball)

Yes, 2006. I went to several playoff games at Shea that year.  Last night brought back some memories and exorcised some demons so to speak.  You had Carlos in center and Wainwright throwing curveballs.  Beltran's ball was fair but that is baseball.  Karma for looking at that called strike.

Not even speaking as a homer but Keith does an excellent job for the Mets as an announcer. For my money, Ron Darling, Keith and Cohen is the best booth in baseball. 

I'm also happy that Whitey got rid of him because he helped win us a WS and a pennant. I'd gladly take that cancer.
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 05:54:57 pm »
Ignore

I found it enjoyable that this article was published back in April before the No-No.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/24739/attention-mets-fans-we-need-to-talk-about-no-hitters
This past Saturday afternoon the White Sox's Philip Humber became the 21st major league pitcher to hurl a perfect game when he blanked the Mariners 4-0. While Humber's feat was a disappointment to Seattle fans, it wasn't nearly as tormenting as it was to those who have the unfortunate burden of rooting for the New York Mets. You see it's bad enough that in their 50-year history the Mets have never had a pitcher throw a no-hitter. This one was extra disheartening because in 2004 the Mets drafted Humber with the third pick overall.

To join a group of only 20 other pitchers who have tossed perfect games dating back to the 1880s is quite impressive. I believe, however, that the other day Humber joined a more exclusive gathering. This weekend Humber became the seventh former Met to pitch a no-hitter for another team. He's in great-to-so-so company, joining Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mike Scott, Doc Gooden, David Cone, and Hideo Nomo. And that's if you don't count A.J. Burnett (drafted by the Mets but never played for them) or Octavio Dotel and Alejandro Pena (who combined with others for no-hitters), which I'm not going to do mainly because that would put the club's membership at double digits and seven is already a devastating number.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout