Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 01:01:23 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Ok.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ok.....  (Read 1258 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:15:17 pm »
Ignore

I got an infraction point for suggesting a system where banned posters could come back, but only if they made us election maps.  Yes, I may have ended my statement with "Mwahahahaha!", but it was still cool and legitimate idea.  Why can't shunned peoples come back, as long as they are productive?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:16:54 pm by Fuzzybigfoot »Logged
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
Ignore

POST DELETED FOR TROLLING WITH 1 (OUT OF A POSSIBLE 10 [READ:TEN]) INFRACTION POINTS

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »
Ignore

I posted saying that Fuzzy's idea was legitimate, and that they could do something like Wiki reform or such to prove they've decided to become a productive member of society again (Forum society, at least). Does that mean I'm trolling?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:18:07 pm »
Ignore

Becaue this board isn't for stupid joking crap like that.  If you would've posted that on the Forum Community board, I'd have taken it as a joke and wouldn't have cared, but you're cluttering up a board that is meant to be a resource to posters, not a board to post jokes.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:05 pm »
Ignore

Becaue this board isn't for stupid joking crap like that.  If you would've posted that on the Forum Community board, I'd have taken it as a joke and wouldn't have cared, but you're cluttering up a board that is meant to be a resource to posters, not a board to post jokes.

But it was also a legit idea. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 09:27:13 pm »
Ignore

But it was also a legit idea. 

I didn't realize that.... no offense, but that's a pretty bad idea.  How would you even start that?  Would everyone be elligible?  Jmfcst? Einzige? Jamespol? Hamilton? Rochambeau?  If not, then you have to have someone decide who can and can't be eligible.  Then you have to have someone determine if they're really contributing enough maps to warrant their staying.  Then when somebody is excluded from the list, the anti-mod crowd gets even pissier.  The idea ads levels of bureaucracy that would cause headaches for whoever adminstrated the system.

That's the whole thing wrong with people's mentality.  It shouldn't be "well did X's trolling outweigh his good contributions?"  It should be "Did X's trolling cross the line to the point that it was overly disruptive to the forum?"
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

P P P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:03 pm »
Ignore

When this thread is moved here by a moderator, that purpose is not exactly clear.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 09:54:32 pm »
Ignore

Becaue this board isn't for stupid joking crap like that.  If you would've posted that on the Forum Community board, I'd have taken it as a joke and wouldn't have cared, but you're cluttering up a board that is meant to be a resource to posters, not a board to post jokes.

I don't recall that has ever been made clear before about this Board. In fact, I thought this was a death point free Board, but that may have been just an assumption (because it has no moderator). In any event, there has been a lot of screwing around on this Board, including by me a bit.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:00 pm »
Ignore

Becaue this board isn't for stupid joking crap like that.  If you would've posted that on the Forum Community board, I'd have taken it as a joke and wouldn't have cared, but you're cluttering up a board that is meant to be a resource to posters, not a board to post jokes.

I don't recall that has ever been made clear before about this Board. In fact, I thought this was a death point free Board, but that may have been just an assumption (because it has no moderator). In any event, there has been a lot of screwing around on this Board, including by me a bit.

Indeed; I was under the impression it was the Atlas equivalent of this:

I always thought this was a zone where people are free to voice their opinions and not be punished for what they entail.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:05:10 pm by SoEA SJoyceFla »Logged

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 10:28:45 pm »
Ignore

In fact, I thought this was a death point free Board, but that may have been just an assumption (because it has no moderator).

Nym moderates this board (and any other board without a moderator listed), and yes, he can hand out death points here.  In fact, any of us can hand out death points here, but only Nym can edit or delete the posts.

Last year, a few posters (most dramatically jmfcst) decided to use the Atlas board as a "too hot for the rest of Atlas" anarchy zone, where they posted stuff that they figured they couldn't get away with in the rest of Atlas, since there's no mod here.  Dave responded by granting Nym moderation powers over every board on Atlas.  This was part of the controversy that led up to jmf's first time reaching of 100 points, and his subsequent 1 month ban.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 04:01:55 pm »
Ignore

People need to all take a chillax, mods first and foremost.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 04:35:58 pm »
Ignore

When this thread is moved here by a moderator, that purpose is not exactly clear.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that wasn't just deleted.  I'm not sure why Nym hasn't killed it yet either.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 04:16:15 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, I'm not sure why that wasn't just deleted.  I'm not sure why Nym hasn't killed it yet either.

Gustaf explained why in that thread on 5/28 (though I agree that it shouldn't have been moved to the Atlas board).
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19:26 am »
Ignore

I made the judgment call that it was a legitimate outpouring of emotion after a fairly dramatic event in forum history and that infracting and deleting it would be a bad misstep. I didn't interpret it as trolling. *shrug*

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 11:35:13 pm »
Ignore

My, how this thread has evolved!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout