Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:58:43 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Frank Bruni NYT on Obama: He doesn't seem in command.  (Read 4015 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:44:03 pm »
Ignore

in spite of a most drawn out and bruising primary campaign in which Romney's opponents  launched a nuclear war on him,

Romney is closing the gap on Obama,

Romney is closing the gap among women voters,

Romney is closing the gap in fund raising.

My friends, this race is far from over.  As a matter of fact, this race has just begun.  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:53:40 pm by First Watergate Now Gunrungate »Logged

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:47:59 pm »
Ignore

I agree with all of this!

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »
Ignore

Hey, I'd be fine with Democrats sitting back and thinking they have this in the bag. Further increases our chances! Smiley

Obama will try to divert attention from the economy, but at the end of the day, that's what Americans will vote on, and he doesn't currently have a record strong enough to win.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »
Ignore

There's been surprisingly little change in the Obama-Romney polls since 2010 or so. Of course, this election wouldn't matter all that much if Romney would just be himself.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 11:17:40 pm »
Ignore

Hey, I'd be fine with Democrats sitting back and thinking they have this in the bag. Further increases our chances! Smiley

Obama will try to divert attention from the economy, but at the end of the day, that's what Americans will vote on, and he doesn't currently have a record strong enough to win.

In fact, Obama has already been attempting to divert attention away from his sorry handling of the economy, with his petulant and misleading Bain attacks on Romney, which, by the way, were not even factual, placing Romney at Bain years after he had actually left.

These attacks have backfired.  

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:26:53 pm »
Ignore

Obama has a secret weapon tho: Donald Trump.

My ballot:
Ervin(I) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Herbert(D) Comptroller Gen.
Spearman(R) Supt. of Education
DeFelice(American) Commissioner of Agriculture
Hutto(D/Working Families) US Sen (full)
Scott(R) US Sen (special)
Geddings(Labor) US House SC-2
Quinn(R) SC House District 69
TBD: Lex 1 School Board
Yes: Am. 1 (allow charity raffles)
No: Am. 2 (end election of the Adj. General)
No: Local Sales Tax
Yes: Temp Beer/Wine Permits
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »
Ignore

Yes, I wish Trump would go to deepest, darkest Peru, with no communication devices, until December.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »
Ignore

http://theothermccain.com/2012/05/15/distraction-tactic-backfires-romney-gains-in-polls-after-obama-gay-shift/

Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign strategy could be summarized in four words: “It’s Obama’s Economy, Stupid.”

Romney and his aides have made clear that they regard every other issue as a distraction from what polls — as well as common sense — indicate as the main concern of American voters: Jobs, the economy and the explosion of deficit spending under the Obama administration.

So when the news cycle last week was dominated by President Obama’s announcement of his support for same-sex marriage, this was viewed by Republicans as yet another attempt to distract voters from the economy — and thus, strategically, as another “win” for Team Obama.

Yet the first polls reflecting public reaction to the president’s endorsement of gay marriage show the move has, at least so far, backfired on the White House. A CBS/New York Times poll taken Friday through Sunday shows Romney leading Obama 46% to 43%, whereas a CBS/NYT poll taken April 13-17 showed the race a tie at 46%. This result verifies polling by Rasmussen Reports showing Romney moving ahead. Obama has clearly lost support since a month
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:36:49 pm by Mitt Romney, Economic Heavyweight »Logged

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »
Ignore

Sounds in line with the Romney strategy "look over there!!!!"

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20:24 am »
Ignore

from his miserable handling of the economy:

1. The War on Women
2. Ann Romney's clothes
3. The Car Elevator
4. The Swiss Bank Account
5. Eeeevil Bain Capital
6. The Sudden Fascination With Mormonism
7. 50 Year Old High School Pranks
8. Ann Romney's horses

http://drawandstrike.blogspot.ca/2012/05/look-over-there-horse-looking-at-my.html

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:02:38 pm by Obama, The Democrat Hoover »Logged

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 12:30:42 am »
Ignore

9. Gay marriage
10. Dog on the roof
11. Romney wouldn't have got bin Laden

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:32 am »
Ignore

Yes, voters are only allowed to vote on one issue and that issue should be selected and framed by Mitt Romney. Got it, Winfield.

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:08 am »
Ignore

NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 01:05:38 am »
Ignore

Congrats on the new job at the Romney campaign Winfield!

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 01:38:08 am »
Ignore

Congrats on the new job at the Romney campaign Winfield!

Nah.  I think he works for a SuperPAC.  The actual, official, campaign is not that trollish.

My ballot:
Ervin(I) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Herbert(D) Comptroller Gen.
Spearman(R) Supt. of Education
DeFelice(American) Commissioner of Agriculture
Hutto(D/Working Families) US Sen (full)
Scott(R) US Sen (special)
Geddings(Labor) US House SC-2
Quinn(R) SC House District 69
TBD: Lex 1 School Board
Yes: Am. 1 (allow charity raffles)
No: Am. 2 (end election of the Adj. General)
No: Local Sales Tax
Yes: Temp Beer/Wine Permits
old timey villain
cope1989
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 02:24:14 am »
Ignore

http://theothermccain.com/2012/05/15/distraction-tactic-backfires-romney-gains-in-polls-after-obama-gay-shift/

Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign strategy could be summarized in four words: “It’s Obama’s Economy, Stupid.”

Romney and his aides have made clear that they regard every other issue as a distraction from what polls — as well as common sense — indicate as the main concern of American voters: Jobs, the economy and the explosion of deficit spending under the Obama administration.

So when the news cycle last week was dominated by President Obama’s announcement of his support for same-sex marriage, this was viewed by Republicans as yet another attempt to distract voters from the economy — and thus, strategically, as another “win” for Team Obama.

Yet the first polls reflecting public reaction to the president’s endorsement of gay marriage show the move has, at least so far, backfired on the White House. A CBS/New York Times poll taken Friday through Sunday shows Romney leading Obama 46% to 43%, whereas a CBS/NYT poll taken April 13-17 showed the race a tie at 46%. This result verifies polling by Rasmussen Reports showing Romney moving ahead. Obama has clearly lost support since a month

How can you say definitively that the strategy has backfired? First of all, calling it a strategy or a ploy is simply your opinion. Secondly, I can find a thousand articles that tell us Obama's support for gay marriage has actually unified the democratic base, even among black voters.

You need to be a little more level headed instead of a mindless Romney cheerleader. It's cool that you like Romney so much but you won't get any respect here if you don't try to analyze things more objectively.

Can't we all just get along?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 02:24:27 am »
Ignore

Yes, I wish Trump would go to deepest, darkest Peru, with no communication devices, until December.
Are you implying that Peru is a third-world country that has no communication? In case you missed it, I am implying you are racist.
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 03:31:35 am »
Ignore

I actually read an article cited on a left-leaning political website that I'm fond of despite it's bias, that it does indeed appear that it's Obama off message, not Romney.

President Barack H. Obama consistently is off message. One day it's class warfare, the next it's war on women, the next day it's politicizing bin laden's death. I've heard some argue that Bush politicized 9/11. Indeed, 9/11 was a giant part of his Presidency, but you didn't see ads saying, "George Bush captured Saddam Hussein and John Kerry wouldn't have."

This is why I enjoy being a Republican so much. When I say what I truly feel, I often feel as though a majority of Americans agree with me. No matter how hard-hitting and slap-in-the-face blunt it may be, I always seem to be able to be free and clear with my beliefs.

On the other hand, it does seem that Democratic candidates, especially for national office, have difficulty being 100% truthful in their beliefs. This is why Barack Obama took so long to support gay marriage. Those of us who oppose it have been open and bluntly honest for years. You may disagree, but atleast we didn't cower to the slim minority of people who support liberal causes in fear of losing votes.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 05:25:10 am »
Ignore

You made 4 threads.

There is a problem here.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:11 am »
Ignore

Right... The Republicans are free to use purely ideological issues in every cycle, but when Democrats are doing it, it's deception Roll Eyes

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 07:26:05 am »
Ignore

I actually read an article cited on a left-leaning political website that I'm fond of despite it's bias, that it does indeed appear that it's Obama off message, not Romney.

President Barack H. Obama consistently is off message. One day it's class warfare, the next it's war on women, the next day it's politicizing bin laden's death. I've heard some argue that Bush politicized 9/11. Indeed, 9/11 was a giant part of his Presidency, but you didn't see ads saying, "George Bush captured Saddam Hussein and John Kerry wouldn't have."

This is why I enjoy being a Republican so much. When I say what I truly feel, I often feel as though a majority of Americans agree with me. No matter how hard-hitting and slap-in-the-face blunt it may be, I always seem to be able to be free and clear with my beliefs.

On the other hand, it does seem that Democratic candidates, especially for national office, have difficulty being 100% truthful in their beliefs. This is why Barack Obama took so long to support gay marriage. Those of us who oppose it have been open and bluntly honest for years. You may disagree, but atleast we didn't cower to the slim minority of people who support liberal causes in fear of losing votes.

Are you really saying in the same breath, that hardly anyone supports gay marriage and that Obama is only supporting it to get votes?
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 08:01:05 am »
Ignore

This is called, you know, political campaigning.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 08:07:25 am »
Ignore

Right... The Republicans are free to use purely ideological issues in every cycle, but when Democrats are doing it, it's deception Roll Eyes

Also I find it foolish if someone is simply focusing on one issue, even if it is probably the most important issue of the day, it just shows Romney has no other plans that aren't economic.  His economic plans have been widely panned by most economists who aren't conservative by the way.  By that I mean most who are liberal, moderate, nonpartisan, basically any who aren't in it just to help Mittens get elected.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 08:09:06 am »
Ignore

How many threads can you post saying essentially the same thing Winfield?

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 09:38:27 am »
Ignore

Bore, I actually think that's a fair thing to say. Obama will get votes from supportIng gay marriage in that he was successfully able to distract voters from his crap record. So it was really a matter of what would lose him more votes... Unpopular social positions or unpopular economic ones. He opted to try the former.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout