"safe, legal, and rare" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:28:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  "safe, legal, and rare" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "safe, legal, and rare"  (Read 8252 times)
TheReporter
Rookie
United States

« on: June 02, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »

The idea that they need to be rare is a concession to the reactionary forces, really people should be able to have abortions as often as they want to. Emotional harm only comes from stigmatization of abortions, which of course is foolish- remove that and all shall be fine. People should think of abortions as a normal procedure akin to putting on a condom. They can and should be having them left and right, which will be glorious.

Antonio V/Objectif 289 (do we go by the little names or the big ones?) alas, I do not think they should be free- condoms are not, no?
TheReporter
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »

I don't get this debate about there being "too many abortions". It's the choice of the individual.

I'm happy someone gets it. I think there need to be more, but really the idea of rarity being a good thing... is again an imposition.
TheReporter
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

Antonio V/Objectif 289 (do we go by the little names or the big ones?) alas, I do not think they should be free- condoms are not, no?

I'm all for free condoms as well, but I guess they are cheap enough for the price not to be a problem.

And yes, it's Antonio. Smiley Usernames (the "little" ones) are those to which most people are refered to as.

Yes, I suppose you are right. How much would an abortion cost, anyways?
TheReporter
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

Assuming a single-payer system, then state-funded abortions would be obvious, I would think. But what are the chances we in the US would get single-payer any time soon?
TheReporter
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

I like this TheReporter guy gal. We need more posters like him her.

Fixed.

See, that's why English needs gendered nouns. Then she could call her herself "TheReportress" and all would be well.

TheReportress sounds like some odd BSDM character. But I'm kind of into that....

Anyway, thank you, but of course as Lief said, we were all that at one point. Try talking to it, try touching it... note you can't do that.
TheReporter
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 05:24:54 PM »

It's like asking what you would think about yourself before you came to exist, in heaven.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies