Public employee union membership in Wisconsin has crashed in the last year (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:26:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Public employee union membership in Wisconsin has crashed in the last year (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public employee union membership in Wisconsin has crashed in the last year  (Read 9180 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »

Hopefully the country won't go down the toilet too much over the next 8 years so I can leave the decrepit ship of state before it sinks. I'm thinking Canada.

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »

The higher the cost of government services, the less the amount of services.

Not if salaries become so low as to be uncompetitive with the private section, in which case you get people not qualified to do their jobs.

True, but at the moment, public sector employees make about 40% more or something vis a vis private sector equivalents on average, with a lot more job security. When it flips the other way, get back to me.

It's funny how widely studies differ on this subject because of number massaging on both sides. Everything I've read says that public sector employees are dramatically underpaid compared to private sector employees based on their level of education.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies