Changing the lives of Ron Paul, George W. Bush, and the Republican Party.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:44:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Changing the lives of Ron Paul, George W. Bush, and the Republican Party.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Changing the lives of Ron Paul, George W. Bush, and the Republican Party.  (Read 13794 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »

I saw your reference to Spiro, so I looked back, and sure enough, he gets only 30% in the Senate (or gubernatorial?) election.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »

More please Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »

I have an update in the pipeline, and it will cover the 1984 Presidential race, as well as House and Senate elections.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:04 PM »

I have an update in the pipeline, and it will cover the 1984 Presidential race, as well as House and Senate elections.

Cool, looking forward to it Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »

This is the last update in which pure quotes will be used. There will be more than randon quotes and pictures soon. And the election updates will continue, but they won't be 50% of the timeline as they have been up until this point.

“US Embassy in Lebanon destroyed by terrorist bomb”-Washington Post, April 19th, 1983.

The US Embassy in Beirut suffered severe damage during the attack. 15 Americans and 51 Lebanese were killed.

“Mr. Speaker, the parents of Marines killed and wounded in Lebanon are asking “why are we there?-what is our goal?-why the enthusiasm for this mission?-what is our role?” Americans will rally together in support of conflicts if the goal is clear. However, Vietnam shows us that they will grow weary and discontent if the objective is not clear. Now is the time in which we decide what the purpose of our Middle East presence is. If we wait a day longer, it will only get a day worse. If we wait any longer, we will be mired in a conflict that we won’t escape easily. Last year, we rescued the PLO at great expense and risk. Now the same PLO is firing on us. Some say our Marines feel good about our mission. But Alexander Ortega, in his last letter home, wrote, and I quote, “I never realized how much I love America-I want to come home soon”. He did come home-in a box. And for what? It makes no sense. Lets come home, before more suffer the same fate”-Ron Paul on the House floor, September 23rd, 1983.

“PLO rebels shoot down helicopter, three marines dead, one captured”-September 25th, 1983.
“I am here today, in the great city of Galveston, to announce that I am candidate for United States Senate”-Ron Paul, September 27th, 1983.

“I will be a candidate for Senate next year, but as a Republican”-Phil Gramm interviewed, September 28th, 1983.

“I am a candidate for the United States Senate”-George W Bush, October 10th, 1983.

“I will not be a candidate against President Reagan; in fact, I will take this opportunity to endorse him for a second term”-Former President Gerald Ford, November, 1983.

“I am not going to run for President this year”-John Anderson

“I will never, ever, ever run for the White House or Vice Presidency ever again”-Senator Charles Evers.

1984 Democratic Iowa Caucus
Michael Dukakis-24%
Gary Hart-23%
Jesse Jackson-16%
John Glenn-13%
Ernest Hollings-10%
Walter Mondale-10%
George McGovern-4%

“Dukakis wins the Democratic nomination at divided convention, Hollings to be VP candidate”-Chicago Tribune.

NBC News 13 Republican Senate Primary Debate, October 12th, 1983.
MODERATOR: Good evening, and welcome to the Texas Republican Senate Primary debate. I’m  Sylvan Rodriguez, and I will be moderating this debate. Joining us tonight on stage is Congressman George Bush, son of Vice President Bush, Congressman Ronald Paul, a former physician who has delivered over 4,000 babies, and Congressman Phil Gramm, a former Democrat turned Republican. Gentleman, opening statements?

BUSH: Hello, my name is George Walker Bush, and I am a Congressman from Midland, which is the 22nd, excuse me, 19th district. I have been a representative from the district for six years now, and I am seeking the seat in the Senate to advance President Reagan and my father’s conservative agenda in Washington.

PAUL: Hello, I am Ron Paul, and I am a Congressman from Texas’s 22nd district, a retired air force flight surgeon, and a physician who has, as mentioned, did deliver over 4,000 babies. I am the one candidate here tonight who has consistently voted in Congress for a balanced budget, who has consistently battled the Federal Reserve system, and has never voted for a tax increase.

MODERATOR: Congressman Gramm?

GRAMM: Hello, I am Phil Gramm, and yes it is true that I am, or was, indeed a Democrat, but I am a strong supporter of this administration, and do intend to be the most loyal Reagan Republican in the Senate when elected. I worked alongside Jack Kemp, and you too, Mr. Paul, to pass the Kemp-Roth tax cut, I voted to increase defense spending, and I was also a Professor of Economics at Texas A&M.
……………
MODERATOR: Congressman Bush, you voted for the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982, which rescinded much of Kemp-Roth Act, which you strongly supported as well. Why did you vote in such a way?

BUSH: Its simple, Sylvan. It says “Fiscal Responsibility” right there on the name. You can’t just a deficit by lowering taxes, you got to cut spending too, and that’s what I will push when I get to the Senate. I am going to fight Senator Byrd AND Senator Baker to make sure that the Senate is as fiscally responsible as we Republicans in the House are.

PAUL: What Mr. Bush fails to release is that the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 is not worth the publics trust whatsoever. The only way it’s going to work is if spending is cut along with taxes. You don’t lower taxes only to raise them again and then go off and say “oh, we need spending cuts”. Are you going to cut spending? I know for a fact that you sure as hell want to increase spending when it comes to defense! That sure isn’t a spending cut to me! 

BUSH: Well, Dr Paul, maybe if you just vote yes on a bill and help the Republicans out for once, than this administration could get something done. We need true Conservatives in the Senate, not people such as yourself who put their own principle above the collective needs and will of the party, which has a very conservative agenda. Ladies and Gentleman, Dr. Paul is not the kind of Republican you want in Washington.

PAUL: Politics over Principles. You know Mr. Bush, which sounds a lot like Washington, if you do win, you will fit in just find with the big government-big spender types. In fact-

BUSH: Whoa, whoa, whoa Ron, the only big thing I like is a big ‘ol Texas piece of Pecan Pie.   
……………
GRAMM: Now, Mr. Paul likes to say he is “consistent”. And you know what Ron, you are consistent. Dr. Paul here has consistently voted in favor of the Communist when it’s come to the issue of national defense. You voted-

PAUL: Oh you just-

GRAMM: Ron its my-

PAUL: No! No! These are just lies about-

GRAMM: Ron, Ron, the fact is, you are pro-

PAUL:  Phil, do you support the senseless killings of 18 Americans in Lebanon? Because if you support our involvement there, than you support the killings. Because we’re not gonna win, and it’s only going to get worse as long as were there!

GRAMM: Blame America, Ron, that’s what you always do.

PAUL: Blame America? Most of America blames people like you!
……………
BUSH: The fact is, Texas Republicans, you can’t trust Phil Gramm. Democrats were popular in 1976, if I remember correctly. And apparently we Republicans must be popular, because that’s where Congressman Gramm is leaning now. Whichever way the wind blows, Phil will follow. That’s how he is.

GRAMM:  George, your own father was a member of Nixon’s cabinet, serving in a variety of places and posts. He even served in Red China. And you-

BUSH: Now hold it there, my daddy aint running for Senate, I am, and I-

GRAMM: For Gods sake, George, your own grandfather was involved in a plot to overthrow the government of the United States during world war-

BUSH: What? I’m sorry, but what? Are you seriously brining that up as an argument?
……………
MODERATOR: Gentleman, closing arguments?

BUSH: Tonight, Texas, you have heard from three of your Representatives. I hope you pick me, the true conservative, who will fight for you, not politics, not principles, but for you. Thank You, and God Bless.

PAUL: You know how my opponents tonight are lying? When their lips move. A vote for me is a vote for less spending, less taxes, less militarism, and less government. A vote for me is a vote for conservative principles.

GRAMM: My opponents tonight consist of a rich carpetbagger, and an anarchist. A vote for Phil Gramm is a vote for Ronald Reagan, thank you, God Bless, and goodnight.

MODERATOR: And there we have it, the three Republican candidates for US Senate.
……………

“241 AMERICANS KILLED IN BARRACKS BLAST-ISLAMIC JIHAD ORGANIZATION TAKES CREDIT”-San Francisco Chronicle, October 24th, 1983.

“I have said it before, and I will say it again-its time to get the hell out of Lebanon before it turns into another Vietnam”-Ron Paul, October 26th, 1983.

“The continuing loss of life in Lebanon played into Paul’s hands. After the Barracks bombing, Paul quickly came from third place to first as Gramm and Bush continued to fight each other on who was the main “conservative candidate”. The Paul campaign was behind on fundraising, and did not have many major endorsements, besides that of Pat Buchanan, the Cato Institute, and author Ayn Rand. However, energetic support from younger voters, Vietnam veterans, and Libertarians gave him the election”-Ron Paul’s Revolution © 2012, Brian Dougherty
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »

All three were good and major candidates IMO. Bush made some obvious gaffes and Gramm seemed to be struggling and pulling Prescott's crap just to stay afloat. Paul was as argumentative as ever.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »

All three were good and major candidates IMO. Bush made some obvious gaffes and Gramm seemed to be struggling and pulling Prescott's crap just to stay afloat. Paul was as argumentative as ever.
It is blatantly hackish, but the way I see it, Gramm is a former Democrat trying to prove himself, all the while having to share Bushes base. Paul was able to be the "moderate" candidate.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »

Very interesting update, please continue Cheesy
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »

Bump
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »

I was kind of hoping this would be forgotten Sad I am now working on a much better, much more detailed, and much more realistic timeline that focuses on John Kerry winning the 2004 election. Again, my lack of knowledge before I jump into these projects usually cuts them short. The new Kerry timeline has been well researched, and will be up within the coming months. I am almost through the 2008 elections.

Thanks for the support on this project, as well as all my other (failed) ones. I do plan on bringing this back someday.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »

C'mon man, no one wants a tl that's about modern times! Why do you think we try to escape them by reading these things?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »

C'mon man, no one wants a tl that's about modern times! Why do you think we try to escape them by reading these things?

This explains so much about my life.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2016, 02:30:59 PM »

What happens to Ron Paul?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies