French Legislative Elections 2012: Official Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Elections 2012: Official Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Legislative Elections 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 25215 times)
rob in cal
« on: June 10, 2012, 03:29:08 PM »

Just wandered over to Der Standard, the Vienna paper's website, and they are headlining that Hollande has won a majority.  Please, let the people finish voting in the runoff and then make big statements.
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »

Big bad fab,

I'm wondering how you make your projections of the final seat total won by each party.  Is there a certain 1st round vote percentage that the left has to win to make it a likely win in the runoff, or do you project on a seat by seat basis?
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

Is there a chart anywhere showing which parties are the leading vote getter in how may seats, how many won already, etc. etc.  I'm guessing that several of the seats with the UMP holding only a narrow lead right now will go to the left, but it would be interesting to see the totals, and to see how much a difference the runoffs make vs a British FPTP system.
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »

I find it amusing that the left is excited at the FN doing a little bit weaker than portrayed in the last polls, and that its calling for a Republican Front against 1st place FN candidates when, correct me if I'm wrong here, President Hollande called for bringing back proportional representation to parliamentary elections.  Just imagine dozens of FN candidates actually getting elected without any drama, but rather as a matter of course. Such would be the case with PR, as was shown in the 1986 elections of course.
rob in cal
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »

FWIW, the combined total vote of leftist leaning parties was 48.62, that of the divided right 47.87, (I know, I know I'm not supposed to be adding the FN vote to that of the UMP and its allies, but I'm doing it for an overall read of the total left/right ideological result), Modem and others the rest.  With a left wing majority likely emerging out of this, I'm wondering if Hollande and others in the PS will rethink their support for proportional representation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies