French Legislative Elections 2012: Official Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Elections 2012: Official Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Legislative Elections 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 25161 times)
DL
Canada

« on: June 10, 2012, 08:51:25 PM »

If the left is really doing so spectacularly well in the election, I must conclude that apparently the French are not taking note of what is happening in Greece and Spain!

What's your point? Greece had a rightwing government under New Democracy that forged the books and drove the country into the ground and in Spain banks and developers risked too much money on over-inflated real estate and then got hit when the real estate bubble burst. Meanwhile countries like Germany and Sweden that have wayyyy more lavish social programs and wayyy more government spending are doing well.
DL
Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »

I know, I know... Wink But remember 2007, the right was expected to get 450 seats and eventually lost a few compared to 2002.

This is true, but it was very apparent from the 1st round results in 2007 that the UMP was not going to do nearly as well as some had expected and the 2nd round merely confirmed what the 1st round already showed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies