If Euroitis spreads to the U.S. does Romney win the election no matter what? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:51:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Euroitis spreads to the U.S. does Romney win the election no matter what? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Euroitis spreads to the U.S. does Romney win no matter what?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: If Euroitis spreads to the U.S. does Romney win the election no matter what?  (Read 3593 times)
Purch
Rookie

« on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »

I love how Republicans want the economy to fall into recession.

That's actually sad that you generalize and demonize repubs by associating them with the radicals in their party who'd rather Obama be a one term president than not go into a recession.

Understand that most republicans that I've talked to aren't radicals, but are just people who present alternative views on how to grow the econemy. Hell most repubs I've talked to aren't even neo-cons and realize that to be a true fiscal convertive you can't spend the majority of your budget fighting wars acros the globe. Most republicans I've talked to truly despised G.W.B and considered him the exact opposite of a fiscal conservative. And most repubs I talked to actually agree both the Bank bailout and Auto Bailout were neccesary for the future.
Looking at this election Obama's not being blamed for things outside his control in 2008 but the repubs I know are judgeing him on how strong a recovery he's created and a lot of them are dissapointed and think someone else could be providing a stronger recovery. Does that mean they want another recession? No.

However I don't talk to extremist from both parties but only associate myself with moderates who definitly don't deserve to be in some huge generalization.
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2012, 10:48:22 AM by Purch »

I think that's a problem but I don't think it's the root of the problem. The problem comes from the fact that getting votes matters to politicians more than being morally correct at this point. Romney has made statements that he believes Obama's a citizen and doesn't think his birth should be an issue. The catch is however that his campaign team said that, and Romney wouldn't publicly say that because he doesn't want to appear as "soft" to the portion of the south who strongly believes Obama isn't American. Bill Clinton said something positive about Bain the other day and hundreds of Democrats attacked him on twitter, Bill can openly make comments like that because he's not trying to be elected but it shows that hostility amoung your base dictates a lot of things. I mean it's the same thing you see with a Democratic controlled senate that hasn't released a budget in over 1000 days and a republican house that has thrown out the word compromise, pleasing your base so you get elected is the number one priority even if it means doing nothing.

Romney seems like a guy who works well with people with opposing views as evidence from the people who've worked with him in Bain,Mass and the Olympics. And according to many democrats he's the kind of person that if you sit down in a room you can genuinely see that he's a great person so I personally get the sense if it wasn't for such a hostile political environment than he wouldn't be endorsing half of these extremist views. Standing up to your own party in some regards is harder than standing up to leaders of other countries because your parties support determines how many of them will turn out to vote for you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies