Italy 2013: The official thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 04:26:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy 2013: The official thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81
Author Topic: Italy 2013: The official thread  (Read 234122 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: February 21, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »

Martin Schultz (German President of the European Parliament) told Italians not to vote for Berlusconi. Many will remember that Silvio once compared Schultz to a Nazi concentration camp guard.

I hope these people know that these warnings probably help Berlusconi more than they hurt...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1176 on: February 21, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »

Martin Schultz (German President of the European Parliament) told Italians not to vote for Berlusconi. Many will remember that Silvio once compared Schultz to a Nazi concentration camp guard.

I hope these people know that these warnings probably help Berlusconi more than they hurt...

If you are right, that means Monti saying that Germany fears a Bersani victory would help the left, too?

I know, I'm getting desperate... Tongue
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #1177 on: February 22, 2013, 03:52:16 AM »

Actually neither help nor hurt. Schultz is already well known as Silvio's enemy, it's not a surprise as it would have been if some other more bipartisan european leader had expressed himself
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1178 on: February 22, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »

Last day of campaigning. It's been fun. Hope there are some entertaining stories today.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1179 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »

Berlusconi is skipping the final rally in Naples today due to minor health issues. He will address the crowd by video.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1180 on: February 22, 2013, 11:47:24 AM »

Serious flooding in Catania. Any Italians want to weigh in on the impact this could have? The city and surrounding areas went pretty strongly for the center-right in 2006 and 2008.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1181 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »

Serious flooding in Catania. Any Italians want to weigh in on the impact this could have? The city and surrounding areas went pretty strongly for the center-right in 2006 and 2008.

Hopefully, some mafiosi will drown.
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #1182 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »

I didn't follow leaked polls. So now I can't figure out what are the nicknames of various pollsters.

I suppose Grillo got his momentum back and he will comfortably comes ahead of Monti.

Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1183 on: February 22, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »

While I appreciate the fun potential of this post, I would gladly take info on the initial question by Phil, because it might be of a substantial importance. After all, this election is bound to be played at a 2-3% stake...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1184 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »

While I appreciate the fun potential of this post, I would gladly take info on the initial question by Phil, because it might be of a substantial importance. After all, this election is bound to be played at a 2-3% stake...

Well, Catania isn't that big, compared to the average population of Italy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1185 on: February 22, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »

Grillo's final rally has quite a crowd in Rome.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1186 on: February 22, 2013, 04:51:14 PM »

Anyone catch the line ups this weekend?

Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1187 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01:41 PM »

Coming from Berlusconi, I would have though 'giustizia' and 'trasparenza' would be playing for the other team.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1188 on: February 22, 2013, 05:06:26 PM »

It's probably "giustizia parziale" if written in long, given his tendency to try vote laws granting himself immunity.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1189 on: February 22, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »

"lotta all'evasione" and "equazione del benessere" are just as hilarious, of course. That said, this being Berlusconi, I wouldn't be surprised if he has added other things like "good morals", "youth", "competence", etc...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1190 on: February 22, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »

"lotta all'evasione" and "equazione del benessere" are just as hilarious, of course. That said, this being Berlusconi, I wouldn't be surprised if he has added other things like "good morals", "youth", "competence", etc...

"Celibacy"
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1191 on: February 22, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »

Players can always score own goals of course... Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1192 on: February 22, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »

Players can always score own goals of course... Tongue

I thought that as well.  Wink  I think they purposely placed Giannino in the opposition goal to suggest a very late goal keeper error if Silvio actually does narrowly pull this out. I'm guessing you were suggesting an own goal on the other side though.  Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1193 on: February 22, 2013, 06:53:12 PM »

I know most of the names there, but who are Casini, Giannino and Montezemolo (that last one sounds like a wine)?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1194 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »

I know most of the names there, but who are Casini, Giannino and Montezemolo (that last one sounds like a wine)?

Casini: useless boring hack who is the leader of the Monti-loving 'Union of the Centre' (failed DC wannabies)

Montezemolo: former boss of Ferrari and the employers' federation, leader of a small party which is part of Monti's Scelta Civica. Centre-right and anti-Berlusconi

Giannino: useless moron/fraud leading some even more useless neoliberal party, frauded his resume by saying he had a law degree and masters from Chicago School of Economics. Will win the austerity-loving creeps and nobody else.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1195 on: February 23, 2013, 12:34:29 AM »

That one might be serious. Berlusconi seems to love youth.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1196 on: February 23, 2013, 02:42:02 AM »

Typical PdL,make it look as it's a football match.
A bit like you.

Anyhow a swiss-italian journal interviewed several pollsters,and they all agreed that Bersani's advantage was quite substantial,and the only sure thing was how Berlusconi could never,ever get a majority in both House and Senate.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1197 on: February 23, 2013, 02:42:45 AM »

Casini: useless boring hack who is the leader of the Monti-loving 'Union of the Centre' (failed DC wannabies)

Montezemolo: former boss of Ferrari and the employers' federation, leader of a small party which is part of Monti's Scelta Civica. Centre-right and anti-Berlusconi

Giannino: useless moron/fraud leading some even more useless neoliberal party, frauded his resume by saying he had a law degree and masters from Chicago School of Economics. Will win the austerity-loving creeps and nobody else.
Giannino also invented having an economics degree,FWIW.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1198 on: February 23, 2013, 07:07:16 AM »

Well, time for my prediction:

30% IBC
27% Berlusconi
21% M5S
14% Monti
  4% RC
  4% Others

The PD should be the strongest party. M5S could actually come in as the 2nd strongest party, but I'm not sure. Depends on the size of the protest vote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1199 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »

Typical PdL,make it look as it's a football match.
A bit like you.

Lighten the hell up. Christ.

And, for the record, reputable news organizations and posters have discussed Football's role in this election but if you think I believe the game will be the deciding factor in this election, that's your problem.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And what did these people say when they predicted Prodi's comfortable win and Berlusconi's two point win in 2008?

Just playing devil's advocate so spare us the "BERLUSCONI LOVER!!!" routine. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies