Italy 2013: The official thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:33:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy 2013: The official thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italy 2013: The official thread  (Read 232387 times)
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« on: June 07, 2012, 12:27:30 AM »

So what is the current least corrupt party that has its act together? And by that I mean is capable of governing and is not tearing itself apart in destructive internal power struggles. (And by party I mean legitimate party, so no 5 Stelle)

As in Brazil, unfortunally, no party can govern without giving It's rings to the corrupt system. But IdV's foundation was in order to bring 'Clean Hands' inside politics, and SEL inherits the PCI tradition of being less corrupt than the others. I guess the IdV would clash with the system and be unable to do anything, while SEL would SEL out. Pityfull, as I think Vendola, agree You or not with his political positions, is a fresh breeze on Italian politics.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 06:50:06 AM »

If I had to rank the parties' corruptness based on the number and gravity of scandals involving their members, PdL naturally stands out as the most corrupt, followed by Lega. Then come the traditionally established parties (PD, UDC, API, etc.) which are roughly tied. Sadly, even IdV is not exacly spotless (the most famous corrupt turncoat which allowed Berlusconi to survive on december 2010 came from its ranks), though there's little doubt Di Pietro himself is honest. Even Vendola has been recently embroiled in some scandal regarding his region, though I don't know how serious the allegations are. M5S is obviously not corrupt, since until recently they had no officeholder.

For the little I've aknowledge, It seemed to be some type of file shredding. Or the guy was doing bad things and Vendola got rid of him without letting the douche come out of the toilet, or Vendola was involved himself, which I find less probable, but proves my point, anyway.
About IdV... I really wasn't aware of that guy (I usually care more about the south than national politics, for silly sentimental reasons) but then... Does that means even then would get onto the Italian political culture antics?
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

I love that website too Cheesy
Quite dispersed roots btw!
The Calabria vote is very influenced by...local factors (ndrangheta) anyway.

It's not like I had not much knowing what Calabria is like. Tongue Did you see the movie Qualunquemente BTW ? A truly excellent (and epically hilarious) satire, really.

Yeah, my family comes from every corner of Italy. Being asked where I come from is my worst nightmare, because it requires half an hour to explain. Grin Especially since my maternal grandparents actually came to live in France decades ago, then my mother came back in Italy to study at Torino's Politecnico. Tongue

I'm not sure if the Italian part of my familie came from Catanzaro or Reggio, but, with 'those influences' or not, both are as conservative as I would expect.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »

Actually, Crotone and western Cosenza were a PCI stroghold and still vote for the left. The fun part is that this is also the voting pattern of Italian families in BH.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »

As for the dutch election, some work on data:

as It can be seen, M5S primarily hurts the right, but the trend is of loosing momentum, after this year elections. I know that LN is traditionally colored green, but I've chose something nearer to international standards.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:44:17 AM »

Yeah, that's weird. The english language wikipedia has an archive that goes to july 24. These graphics stops at 17. I'll update them.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 08:42:18 AM by batmacumba »

I've not been following italian news since a while, sorry. Wink

Anyways, I planned to start my polling tracker, but I can't find the recent polls anymore. Shame... Sad

Antonio, I hate to say, but You're taking too much time to do It and I'll have to update mine... Wink

Lastpoll: August 1st
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »

English wikipedia
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »

And of using bad pollsters, too. But once the amount is large and I'm using a 6 variables polynomial regression, unless there's a huge amount of crappy pollsters It is usefull to observe trends and evaluate the big picture.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »

Young! Against bureaucracy! Outsider! Media circus around! Yeeeeaaaaayyyyyy!!!

I may be wrong, but such things unavoidably smells Collor to me.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »

If not at least loosely allied they won't win an election under this system. Or to put it another way, Grillo would've had a temporary Camera majority.

What needs to happen is that all those who aren't completely damaged goods need to leave the PD and let it collapse. Once the PD is gone, that new thing can replace it as the main center-left party.

Did Ingroia's extreme electoral incompetence make him a bad fit to lead this, or does that Orange thingy of him have any chance of raising from the dead?
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »

What are the chances SEL joins Civil Revolution? Seems like the a logical step. Vendola already said he won't support Letta. That could have been the final straw even if PD runs Renzi next time (and I believe Vendola has issues with Renzi anyway).

Is this some kind of oriundi collective subconscient? Everytime I have something to say about Italy, either you've already said or endorse it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies