Andrew Cuomo calls for decriminalization of marijuana
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:55:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Andrew Cuomo calls for decriminalization of marijuana
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo calls for decriminalization of marijuana  (Read 6212 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »

Now when Bloomberg infringes on your second and fourth amendment rights, at least you won't be arrested for a very small amount of pot. He's still hardly an FF.

I actually don't like Bloomberg.....you can't have a fycking cheesburger or sugary drink in NYC, but a doobie is fine?  LOL. 

Those two things are unhealthy; weed isn't.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »

Burgers and sodas aren't banned in New York.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »

Blomberg isn't as bad as he is made out to be.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »

Blomberg isn't as bad as he is made out to be.

Blomberg was indeed persecuted by the Nazis himself, but that still doesn't excuse his earlier service on their behalf.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 03:19:18 PM »

Now when Bloomberg infringes on your second and fourth amendment rights, at least you won't be arrested for a very small amount of pot. He's still hardly an FF.

I actually don't like Bloomberg.....you can't have a fycking cheesburger or sugary drink in NYC, but a doobie is fine?  LOL. 

Troll.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »

Stop.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »

This guy really is a textbook New Democrat, isn't he? Continually sell out left-wing economic principles and get American liberals by being on the forefront on social issues. He's very impressive.

drug control is an economic issue.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »

I see that the virgin nancyboys of the Atlas haven't done in-depth reading on marijuana use. Have you guys heard of vaporizers or edibles?
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »

This guy really is a textbook New Democrat, isn't he? Continually sell out left-wing economic principles and get American liberals by being on the forefront on social issues. He's very impressive.

drug control is an economic issue.

The War on Drugs is one big economic issue killing the poor urban centers.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »

Still doesn't change the fact that he's just the equivalent of a standard European conservative.

Someone has no clue about New York or Cuomo!

He didn't mention anything about the political spectrum in New York or Cuomo's place in it.

So what? He is wrong.
Don't be so rigid Napoleon- I'm with you on this one my friend but who knows what is "right" and "wrong"
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »

Its called being a FF
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »

Its called being a FF
Yes, hating the not-haves is FF.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

Cuomo is trying hard to win over the DeadFlags of the world.

You know, when you're starting to reefer to yourself in plural, you're getting banned, just like it happened to the jmfcsts.

Reefer, lol
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »

that's a very strange revisionist take on the DLC wing of the party...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »

Still doesn't change the fact that he's just the equivalent of a standard European conservative.

He didn't mention anything about the political spectrum in New York or Cuomo's place in it.

So what? He is wrong.
Don't be so rigid Napoleon- I'm with you on this one my friend but who knows what is "right" and "wrong"

I know what is right or wrong. Comparing Cuomo to European Conservatives is wrong.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »

So what? He is wrong.

I care more about aid to homeless children than the right to smoke a joint. He's a socially liberal Chris Christie.
for a lot of people being arrested for marijuana has been a de-facto death sentence. what about all the people that have been sent to prison and subsequently got aids from being raped or were otherwise fatally assaulted by in mates? or all the people whose homes have been wrongly targeted by drug enforcement and subsequently shot by them? or people killed in the crossfire? this isn't just some issue that effects stoners, if it was i wouldn't really give a sh**t.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »

Cuomo is trying hard to win over the DeadFlags of the world.

You know, when you're starting to reefer to yourself in plural, you're getting banned, just like it happened to the jmfcsts.

Reefer, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPIQjSquQxo&feature=fvst
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »

So what? He is wrong.

I know what is right or wrong. Comparing Cuomo to European Conservatives is wrong.
that is one of the more bizarre memes i have read on this forum in all honesty...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »

So what? He is wrong.

I care more about aid to homeless children than the right to smoke a joint. He's a socially liberal Chris Christie.
for a lot of people being arrested for marijuana has been a de-facto death sentence. what about all the people that have been sent to prison and subsequently got aids from being raped or were otherwise fatally assaulted by in mates? or all the people whose homes have been wrongly targeted by drug enforcement and subsequently shot by them? or people killed in the crossfire? this isn't just some issue that effects stoners, if it was i wouldn't really give a sh**t.
Yeah, I care about the kids whose parents got locked up for the dumbest reason ever.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 07:05:15 PM »

Yeah, their main schtick was supporting the death penalty and being "tough on crime."  Bizarre forum caricature of Cuomo is more like the Gary Hart/Jerry Brown "New Democrats."  Of course I fail to see how a minor tax cut while raising rates for high-income individuals in the highest-tax state in the country makes one a "conservative."
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »

Yeah, I care about the kids whose parents got locked up for the dumbest reason ever.
how many people are homeless at a given moment anyway? not to trivialize it but i'd wager that the amount of people arrested for this is probably a lot higher.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »

Yeah, their main schtick was supporting the death penalty and being "tough on crime."  Bizarre forum caricature of Cuomo is more like the Gary Hart/Jerry Brown "New Democrats."  Of course I fail to see how a minor tax cut while raising rates for high-income individuals in the highest-tax state in the country makes one a "conservative."
not only that but a lot of new democrats tended to be very pro censorship, think clinton (take your pick), tipper gore, lieberman, etc.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 06:23:30 AM »

After I go and sing his praises....
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »

I'm still not sure as to how supposedly conservative Cuomo is since I haven't heard many details on that, but I will point out that this gives him the same position on the issue as Sarah Palin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies