1980: Reagan/Bush (R) vs. Carter/Mondale (D) vs. Anderson/Kennedy (I)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:03:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1980: Reagan/Bush (R) vs. Carter/Mondale (D) vs. Anderson/Kennedy (I)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1980: Reagan/Bush (R) vs. Carter/Mondale (D) vs. Anderson/Kennedy (I)  (Read 2424 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »

Kennedy is still so pissed at Carter that he defects to Anderson. With the liberal wings of both parties coming out in full force for the independent ticket and Anderson's newfound polling improvements giving him a chance at taking swing voters and independents, how does the election go?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »

Well, ignoring the fact that no Kennedy would take vp,

All liberals that turn up vote for Anderson, carter becomes the first incumbent president since Taft (and second ever) to get third place in his re-election bid, in both popular and electoral votes.  Very few independents vote for Anderson, fewer for carter, or perhaps more, depending on how both run their campaigns.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »

All liberals that turn up vote for Anderson, carter becomes the first incumbent president since Taft (and second ever) to get third place in his re-election bid, in both popular and electoral votes.  Very few independents vote for Anderson, fewer for carter, or perhaps more, depending on how both run their campaigns.

No way Carter loses Georgia.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 11:54:08 PM »

All liberals that turn up vote for Anderson, carter becomes the first incumbent president since Taft (and second ever) to get third place in his re-election bid, in both popular and electoral votes.  Very few independents vote for Anderson, fewer for carter, or perhaps more, depending on how both run their campaigns.

No way Carter loses Georgia.

IOTL, GA was 55-40 for Carter.  This is giving Carter -25, Anderson +20, Reagan +5 (ish)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »

Reagan, although Anderson would've been awfully tempting for me (not so much with Ted Kennedy though). 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »

I agree with Mr. Mondale on this one. WV first off was a very Democratic state, and frankly Anderson has little to take away from Carter there. As well, Carter did well in his home state and well relatively in his home region. Minnesota I can see getting lost because (as I recall) it went to Carter by >40% margins, though I'll have to check. As well, I can see Reagan losing Vermont in this scenario, not just lower New England. And surprisingly enough, Anderson got some of his best percentages in states like Colorado, so they may be a bit closer.
ask_not
donavan_ed
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »

even bigger landslide for Reagan
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies