My chess thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:34:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  My chess thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My chess thread  (Read 277 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »

I hope this kind of thread is permissible for the site.  If not, just tell me so and I'll suspend.

I'm not sure what happened with Yelnoc's plan to play chess on another site a while back.  But, instead, I will start my own chess thread here  Anyone want to play me?

My only rules are:

--Please don't play a computer program against me, just play straight-up.
--I'll play Black against all takers, unless you declare a preference for White.  Otherwise, you can initiate a game by simply making the first move.  If you want Black, ask me to move first and we'll get started.

I'll run each game via reply mode like correspondence chess.  So, if Yelnoc took White and played against me, the running moves for our game would look like this:

Yelnoc                        anvi

1               e4                            e5
2.             Nf3                          Nc6
3.             Bb5                          ...

And so on.

I'm honestly rusty, so I'm doing this to refresh some chess brain cells. 
Any and all are welcome. 
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »

Oh the chess tournament!  I've been so busy and out of it that I completely forgot about that.  We can revive that if you are interested.

Regardless, I'll play you on Gameknot if/when you register.  But I need to see a board, I can't play chess with those designations.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »

I did register on Gameknot a while back when the tournament idea was first suggested, but probably will have to again and get back to you.  Just one question: is the game available on Gameknot standard chess, or some variation of it?

Apart from Yelnoc, boy, that invitation went over like a lead balloon, didn't it? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 06:27:22 AM »

I like www.instantchess.com and http://www.chess.com/play/computer.html.  I can usually beat that computer.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »

I did register on Gameknot a while back when the tournament idea was first suggested, but probably will have to again and get back to you.  Just one question: is the game available on Gameknot standard chess, or some variation of it?

Apart from Yelnoc, boy, that invitation went over like a lead balloon, didn't it? 
I don't know that gameknot has any variations other than standard.  And I just remembered that I will be out of town for a week and a half after Friday, but when I get back we can start the tournament.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies