talking points that piss you off (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  talking points that piss you off (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: talking points that piss you off  (Read 29852 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: June 07, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »

"Wisconsin values" in the recall race. What in the heck does that even mean? I once tried to land a job in Watertown, WI, and I can assume that Wisconsin values is eating a lot of dairy products and walking your dog while riding on a riding lawnmower.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

I also hate it when someone negatively refers to something Congress, the president, a mayor or state legislature does as "politics." Jay Carney referred to the Congressional investigation of Fast and Furious as "politics." Well, duh! Congress is made of politicians so everything they do is thus "politics."
Rooney
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »

The one that really pisses me off is when politicians claim that they want to run for office to "serve the people." Joe Sestak said some such nonsense a few days ago. He said he wanted to "serve again" and so he obviously has to run for Governor of Pennsylvania, the highest executive office in the commonwealth. If Sestak wanted to serve again he could read books to kindergarteners or help an old lady with yard work. Those are ways to "serve the people." But no, Sestak and other parasites use the word "service" to justify their lusts for power. The talking point that politicians actually want power to "serve" the people is total bullsh**t. Politicians want power to forward personal agendas and vendettas and to fulfill burning, Luciferian ambitions. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies