Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 02:02:00 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Tender Branson, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | | |-+  PPP/DailyKos weekly poll has Obama up 8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: PPP/DailyKos weekly poll has Obama up 8  (Read 1606 times)
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 10:50:08 pm »
Ignore

Poll that shows Romney ahead" Good news! we have a chance of taking america back from the commie!

Poll that shows Obama ahead "Trash poll!"

Trash poll is the automatic response of every dem hack on these boards to a Rasmussen poll.

Because Rasmussen is objectively a trash polling firm.

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 10:51:49 pm »
Ignore

The PPP bashing is hilarious. They were off by like 3 or 4 points. Big freakin' whoop. It happens.

Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:53 pm »
Ignore

"But that's pretty poor compared to how many pollsters GOT IT RIGHT" -- Why do you find this meaningful?  

I'll send you the updated Nate Silver rankings when they come out. That's how it is meaningful.

You can defend that statement, I suppose, (although it will have a very marginal effect) but how do you defend "After a stellar polling job in last night's Wisconsin recall (NOT)"?  You have rather low confidence (probably less than ~70-75%) that's true.

"Bias" in statistics is not the same as "house effect," which matches the colloquial definition of "bias."  Statistical bias is any deviation from the population parameter.

Repeatedly missing in 1 direction like they did with Amendment 1 is a sign of putting out nonsense.

1. The average systemic bias on gay marriage polls (-7) is greater than the average systemic bias on other polls, indicating it may not just be the pollster's screw-up.

2. Show me something with actual statistical analysis and I will entertain your conclusions.  Otherwise, how do you not know you're accidentally cherry-picking?

n/c
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »
Ignore

Compared to the polls released in the last 2 weeks, PPP did not have a good performance. About 5 pollsters were more on the mark than them in the Wisconsin recall. That's how statiscians, like Nate Silver, rank pollsters. That's also why I said "After a stellar polling job in last night's Wisconsin recall (NOT)." I said that because, comparatively, PPP missed the mark more than about FIVE OTHER POLLSTERS. You say that doesn't matter. Then send Nate Silver an email.

I did not say "that doesn't matter."  You are consistently imprecise in both your debates and numerical analysis.

n/c
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 11:51:58 pm »
Ignore

I did not say "that doesn't matter."  You are consistently imprecise in both your debates and numerical analysis.
Right. Thank you, godfather.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but whenever you'd like to respond to points actually included in the words I typed...

n/c
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 12:21:32 am »
Ignore

So 48-44 without the PPP handicap.
Umengus
YaBB God
Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:11 pm »
Ignore

junk poll of course...

Party id sample: D + 9

LOL !

And Romney wins I by 1...

Re: France 2012: the official thread
Reply #622 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:20 pm  

Quote from: Umengus on July 25, 2011, 03:19:09 pm

against Aubry, Sarkozy will win. Aubry is a very bad candidate for prime time : no charisma, no sympathy, muslim connection, stupid ideas,... and sarkozy is a good candidate...

but against hollande, sarkozy will lose."

Censured by REALPOLITIK due to "offensive content".

"It ought to be noted that there's no freedom of speech here." xahar
zorkpolitics
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »
Ignore

My rule of thumb for PPP polls: add 2 pts to the Republican and subtract 2 from the Democrat, so this would be Obama up 48-44. 
But even that seems a bit optimistic given Ras and Gallup have Romney up 1 today and RealClear has the average of polls Obama up only 1.3%

"Scientists are treacherous allies on committees, for they are apt to change their minds in response to arguments" C.M. Bowra
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout