Forget about Wisconsin, there's a much more important election this Tuesday!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:33:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Forget about Wisconsin, there's a much more important election this Tuesday!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Forget about Wisconsin, there's a much more important election this Tuesday!  (Read 7175 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »

Let's also take a moment to note the hilarious irony from Xahar: inserts himself into a thread without discussing the subject to complain that someone else doesn't contribute anything. He's also the type that would complain about Assad's past and think it should be held against him, though he was a notorious spammer for months. I guess that shouldn't count though.

And I'd also like to note the utter hypocrisy on Al's part. It's "fycking hilarious" that I was killed or at least seriously injured? And this guy has the nerve to complain about Assad?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »

But let's be real here: Marokai is pissy because he and his girl Ms. Maddow had a bad night in Wisconsin. No, scratch that. Not "bad." Horrific. It's going to take awhile for him to get over that.

Uh? I never supported the recall to begin with and knew it would go down in failure from the get-go. I also haven't watched MSNBC in, what.. months now?

My response to that gem?...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aside from ironic viewing of QVC and occasionally checking the local news channels, I haven't even watched actual television on any regular basis in ages. I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of at this point and why.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

But let's be real here: Marokai is pissy because he and his girl Ms. Maddow had a bad night in Wisconsin. No, scratch that. Not "bad." Horrific. It's going to take awhile for him to get over that.

Uh? I never supported the recall to begin with and knew it would go down in failure from the get-go. I also haven't watched MSNBC in, what.. months now?

My response to that gem?...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aside from ironic viewing of QVC and occasionally checking the local news channels, I haven't even watched actual television on any regular basis in ages. I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of at this point and why.

This is silly even for you! I'm not commenting on your actual TV viewing habits, dude. I'm saying you're a fan of Maddow and that is very well known. Now I know Maddow has an actual (very sorry excuse for a) TV show but not watching TV doesn't mean you can't follow her through other mediums. Stop playing dumb.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »

This is silly even for you! I'm not commenting on your actual TV viewing habits, dude. I'm saying you're a fan of Maddow and that is very well known. Now I know Maddow has an actual (very sorry excuse for a) TV show but not watching TV doesn't mean you can't follow her through other mediums. Stop playing dumb.

I have not viewed Rachel's program, either on television or MSNBC's website, or iTunes' video or audio archived versions, in nearly two months. The most I have done is followed news of her book, her public speaking gigs, and watching a clip of her via youtube when she gets into enough of a scuffle for an article on her to appear on The Huffington Post.

I also find it very strange that I'm being put in the hot seat for my preferred news shows, but hey.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »

And I'd also like to note the utter hypocrisy on Al's part. It's "fycking hilarious" that I was killed or at least seriously injured? And this guy has the nerve to complain about Assad?

Phil, perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe Al was agreeing with you that it wasn't a big deal.  He was on your side.  I get that "pugnacious" doesn't even begin to describe you, but that's rising to the point of self-parody.  Let's all just *hughughug* and send our condolences to Assad for his showing, alright? Grin Cheesy Grin
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2012, 09:01:09 AM »

And here gentlemen is the biggest upset of the night going away. The Pubs win a Dem leaning/weak safe seat 5 months early (it's a jungle primary, so 2 Pubs will run against each other in November)! It has a Dem PVI of around 4%. I am in shock. Thank you. Smiley

And the two Republicans got >50%, so it's not as if split Dem opposition was the only reason. Was it low turnout among Dems for a primary? If so, that's going to kill us again and again in CA in this kind of case.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2012, 09:08:28 AM »

Yes, Dem turnout in the CA primary sucked.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2012, 09:08:49 AM »

And here gentlemen is the biggest upset of the night going away. The Pubs win a Dem leaning/weak safe seat 5 months early (it's a jungle primary, so 2 Pubs will run against each other in November)! It has a Dem PVI of around 4%. I am in shock. Thank you. Smiley

And the two Republicans got >50%, so it's not as if split Dem opposition was the only reason. Was it low turnout among Dems for a primary? If so, that's going to kill us again and again in CA in this kind of case.

In turnout-dependent areas a jungle primary can really hurt the low-turnout party. This is particularly true if the other party puts up two credible candidates and the other party has multiple candidates. If the Dems want to win this type of district they are going to have to rally around a single candidate early to make sure they can get through the primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »

I have not viewed Rachel's program, either on television or MSNBC's website, or iTunes' video or audio archived versions, in nearly two months. The most I have done is followed news of her book, her public speaking gigs, and watching a clip of her via youtube when she gets into enough of a scuffle for an article on her to appear on The Huffington Post.

I also find it very strange that I'm being put in the hot seat for my preferred news shows, but hey.

You're denying being a fan of hers which is hilarious. You put yourself in the hot seat by making way more out of my side comment than was necessary.

Phil, perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe Al was agreeing with you that it wasn't a big deal.  He was on your side.  I get that "pugnacious" doesn't even begin to describe you, but that's rising to the point of self-parody.  Let's all just *hughughug* and send our condolences to Assad for his showing, alright? Grin Cheesy Grin

He's one that always complains about Assad's "immaturity"...then says how hilarious it was. So he found it funny that I was dead or seriously injured? Now I'm going to play Al's self righteous game. He ought to be reprimanded for such a comment!
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2012, 09:52:21 AM by smoltchanov »

Yes. Republicans in California generally demonstrated better turnout yesterday then Democrats. They even managed to come first in one Bay area Assembly district (no small feat by present-day standards). Most likely - they will not win it in November, but still - ...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2012, 10:06:16 AM by Keystone Phil »

And Verin, spare me the "Phil is always fighting!" routine, ok? I defended a friend that was being kicked by a bunch of people that don't even know him when he was already down and then was called out for never contributing (ironically, by someone who wasn't contributing). Don't talk about how I'm looking to start something.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »

I'm at a loss as to whether Phil contributes anything productive to this forum.

This post is very funny coming from you, I must say.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:21 AM »

No one is allowed to say anything about him. Ever. It's very insulting.
"The truth is always the worst insult". Karl Hesselbach
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »

Phil, perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe Al was agreeing with you that it wasn't a big deal.  He was on your side.

This is so, yes.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »

He's one that always complains about Assad's "immaturity"...then says how hilarious it was. So he found it funny that I was dead or seriously injured? Now I'm going to play Al's self righteous game. He ought to be reprimanded for such a comment!

It's more that I find the idea of the prank hilarious. I don't remember my reaction at the time, but if it was July 2009, well, there are reasons for that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »

It's more that I find the idea of the prank hilarious. I don't remember my reaction at the time, but if it was July 2009, well, there are reasons for that.

What is it with the water there in Wales? 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

This is a terrible thread.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »

Agreed.  Let's kill it.