PurplePoll: Obama ahead in VA and CO; Romney ahead in OH and FL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:14:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PurplePoll: Obama ahead in VA and CO; Romney ahead in OH and FL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PurplePoll: Obama ahead in VA and CO; Romney ahead in OH and FL  (Read 3294 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: June 07, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »

What's their track record like, because I've never heard of them before?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »

Their numbers seem fairly reasonable.

April numbers: http://www.purplestrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/AprilPurplePoll_v9.pdf

I agree the numbers don't seem outlandish  but I meant more in terms of previous elections, have they just started or have they been going for a while?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »

Their numbers seem fairly reasonable.

April numbers: http://www.purplestrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/AprilPurplePoll_v9.pdf

I agree the numbers don't seem outlandish  but I meant more in terms of previous elections, have they just started or have they been going for a while?
If my memory serves correct, this firm just started for the 2012 election. So no results to base it on.

OK, thanks a lot Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

I expect Romney to be competitive in MN and NM but if I were running "Purple Poll" I'd take those states off the list.  They are swing-y states but they will not decide the election.

How would you define MN as swingy?

It has the longest streak of voting Democratic in the country and was only close when Ralph Nader siphoned votes from Al Gore's left.
Minnesota was also considered a deadheat in 2004, and also was closer than Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in 2008. Wink That being said, I don't think it'll be too closeit won't be too close this time around.

IIRC Minnesota was only close (relatively speaking) because Obama was basically non existent in the Minneapolis St Paul media market especially compared to McCain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies