HagridOfTheDeep: Whig for IDS Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:35:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HagridOfTheDeep: Whig for IDS Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HagridOfTheDeep: Whig for IDS Legislature  (Read 2610 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »

BREAKING: HAGRIDoftheDEEP WILL SEEK RE-ELECTION

HagridOfTheDeep at his campaign kick-off in Myrtle Beach.

Myrtle Beach, SC—The race for the Imperial Dominion of the South’s legislature just got more interesting. At a Myrtle Beach campaign even staged outside Barefoot Landing on Friday, Hagrid announced his intentions to seek re-election.

“We’ve fought too hard ter give up now!” Hagrid exclaimed to a group of around five hundred supporters. “Conservative principles are under attack!”

Citing his main competition as "leftist agendas," Hagrid vowed to keep his seat for the Whigs. Hagrid will run on a platform of keeping taxes low, regulation down, and families happy.  His next event is scheduled for Saturday at the Fish Camp in Rockingham, North Carolina. The candidate will be offering free rides on his flying motorbike after the rally.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:57:13 PM »

Good luck. Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

You as well, my friend. Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:06 PM »

STATEMENT FROM HAGRIDoftheDEEP

It’s with great pride that I launch my re-election campaign for IDS legislator.

First off, I really want to thank my colleagues in government for welcoming me to the Dirty South. It’s been a fun last few weeks and I’ve enjoyed working on the current education bill. Hopefully we can really improve education standards across the Dominion.

As legislator, my loyalties will continue to rest with Southern communities. When I decided to register as a member of Atlasia, I didn’t hesitate to choose South Carolina as my home state. The sense of community and family in the South is palpable—after all, families are the backbone of our region. As legislators, we need to have the courage to believe in families by keeping government small and responsible. In that sense, I am a proud Southern Whig.

I don’t believe in reckless government spending—I believe in creative solutions. And together we can keep things working in the South.

I would love to have your support.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »

What are your views on abortion?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:20 PM »

I do not support any form of state-ordained death. That applies to abortions, except in cases where the mother's life would be in serious jeopardy if she continued the pregnancy.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »

Good luck sir
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »

Good luck!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 08:02:59 AM »

My God, we have an actual competitive regional election! Congrats to all of you!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:37:32 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2012, 11:41:29 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

BREAKING: TWILIGHT SPARKLE ENDORSES HAGRIDoftheDEEP

Twilight Sparkle endorses HagridOfTheDeep in Rockingham.

Rockingham, NC—Friendship is magic today in Rockingham. Earlier this morning during an unplanned campaign event at West Rockingham Elementary, HagridOfTheDeep rolled out a high-profile endorsement from the My Little Pony star, Twilight Sparkle.

Her endorsement was widely believed to be a lock for Mechaman, who recently announced his intentions to seek re-election to the IDS Legislature. Twilight Sparkle cited Mechaman's desired ban on bronies as the reason for her change of heart. Sparkle, a dragon enthusiast, is considered a good match for Hagrid.

The pair vowed to continue fighting for animal lovers everywhere.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

I do not support any form of state-ordained death. That applies to abortions, except in cases where the mother's life would be in serious jeopardy if she continued the pregnancy.

That's consistant with most pro-life Atlasians. Endorsed. I'm in the mist of a hot and heavy senate race. Its good that you have joine us.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

Thanks! Best of luck with your campaign.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »

BREAKING: HAGRID STRESSES TRANSPARENCY AND CITIZENSHIP AT FISH CAMP

The Rockingham Fish Camp had to close for the day after candidate
HagridOfTheDeep scarfed down all the restaurant's flounder.

Rockingham, NC—HagridofTheDeep made a campaign stop this afternoon at Rockingham’s own famous Fish Camp. After clearing the restaurant’s shelves with his all-you-can-eat flounder order, Hagrid spoke briefly about his vision for the Dirty South’s legislature.

“We’ve got ter increase activity in the capital,” said Hagrid. “If re-elected, I’ll maintain a Public Relations thread to liaise with our statesfolk.” 

According to the incumbent legislator, a renewed sense of citizenship and public outreach is just what the region needs to encourage public participation in policy-making. This news comes amidst fiery debate back in Memphis over education reform. Late entry to the race and incumbent representative Mechaman has been absent from debate. Running on a pledge of continued inactivity, Mechaman has positioned himself directly at odds with Hagrid's vision of
a flourishing IDS.

Mr. OfTheDeep will take the rest of the afternoon off to spend time with his many pets.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »

Endorsed! I like your logo!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »

What are your views on gay marriage and regional rights?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2012, 09:00:19 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Thanks Simfan! Smiley

What are your views on gay marriage and regional rights?

I believe in equality for homosexuals in our communities. However, to me, equality is something that can be achieved without changing our years-tested definition of marriage. While many people often discuss marriage as if it’s a right, I place much more stock in it as a tradition. As such, marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman.

I hope that addresses your first point.

Moving on, the region is the foundational unit of Atlasian politics. Regions more efficiently allow for the self-determination of our citizens. With each region responsible for its own affairs, the issues that matter most to the people in those regions cannot be overrun by a reckless majority on the other side of the country. With regions, we can better address the unique concerns of our constituents. I am proud to be a citizen of the best region in Atlasia.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »

BREAKING: HAGRID BAGS THE LAUGHS AT CHARLOTTE AIRPORT

Hagrid will fly from Charlotte to Houston for an event
at the Museum of Natural Science.

Charlotte, NC—Campaign silly season continues. IDS Legislator HagridOfTheDeep made news this evening at the Charlotte/Douglas International airport while passing through security. In reference to candidate Adam Griffin’s recent marijuana melodrama at an airport in Beaumont, Hagrid reportedly joked that Griffin “shoulda used a baggy.”

This exchange marks a new focus on crime and individual liberties in the campaign for the IDS Legislature. Hagrid, who announced his candidacy in Myrtle Beach yesterday, reaffirmed his support for full-body airport scanners when asked by the press. Hagrid later clarified that only scanners with blurring software should be used: “O’ course, privacy rights are always paramount—but we’ve got ter do what we must ter protect ourselves.”

Hagrid will fly from Charlotte to Houston for a rally at the Museum of Natural Science tomorrow. He is expected to focus his remarks on education reform in the IDS.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »

STATEMENT FROM HAGRIDoftheDEEP

Last night, I made a conference call to the Imperial Bloc’s convention in Tampa Bay. Chairman JBrase had offered that the time was nigh for any non-IB candidates to request the party’s endorsement if he or she so desired. While I understood my chances of a formal endorsement were slim, I hoped to make my case to the delegates and offer my best wishes for their convention. The words from my statement can be seen below:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Unfortunately, the request was deleted from the floor of the convention and has not yet been acknowledged by party officials. This move is regrettable for the Imperial Bloc: Would they really rather endorse an inactive IB candidate than one who will foster discourse around the legislature?

Representative Mechaman even admitted his own corruption at the convention:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Whether these masters are the leaders of the Imperial Bloc remains to be seen. I would hope that the IB did not encourage this detrimental politician to run just so they would have an extra vote in Memphis. Thus, I call on the party’s leaders to condemn its candidate’s disregard for democracy. If they will not, they risk having their true colours exposed.

In light of this turn of events, I urge disillusioned Imperial Bloc members to put public service above party politics. I have been an active voice in legislature for less spending and more cooperation between the government and private sector. Indeed, you might say I’ve exhibited many of the libertarian principles espoused by your party. More importantly, I pledge to be an active voice in government. With that in mind, I hope you will support me in my re-election effort.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 08:00:52 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

BREAKING: LEGISLATOR RETURNS TO CAMPAIGN TRAIL AFTER RUN-IN WITH PET BY-LAWS

Hagrid hosted an event at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, where he talked
about education in the Imperial Dominion of the South.

Houston, TX—IDS Legislator HagridOfTheDeep finally managed to find time for a rally in Houston today, amidst controversy over his breach of domestic pet by-laws in the city. Hagrid failed to show up at the Museum of Natural Science for a rally on Saturday, choosing instead to picket the Houston pet by-laws at city hall. Twilight Sparkle took the stage on his behalf.

Today’s rally, staged outside the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, saw Hagrid speak briefly about his vision for education reform in the Dominion. “Ter fund programs after school,” Hagrid said, “I’m fightin’ fer a provision that’d see government match private sector donations. It’s a good way ter get the whole community involved in raisin’ our kids—and ter get our government ter spend money responsibly.”

Representative Hagrid’s provision would require the IDS government to match the sum of private sector donations made out to local after-school programs. The government funding would be capped at a yet-to-be-determined amount and distributed to those schools most in need of support.

“I’m here at the Hobby Center because many o’ these programs would be arts-related. I strongly believe in arts options for our children.”

Hagrid would not respond to inquiries about his protest on Saturday.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »

I do not support any form of state-ordained death.

So, I take you oppose the death penalty as well?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »

Yep, and that one is unconditional. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:32 AM »

I'm sorry you weren't re-elected. While this is a setback I think you have a great future in your region and the game if you continue to remain as active as you have been so far!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »

Thanks ZuWo. I'm generally happy. I received more first and second preferences than my opponent, so I can't really complain. I'm content to regain the seat the hard way. Wink
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »

Its a shame you didn't get elected as you are a fine legislator but I have little doubt you will do better in future elections Smiley.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies