On the Issues Midterm Election Dist. 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:39:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  On the Issues Midterm Election Dist. 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: On the Issues Midterm Election Dist. 4  (Read 1580 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 04:28:20 PM »

Well, both States and Josh are to the right of me on social issues (States 10%, Josh 12%, me 45%) - so I'm not inclined to vote for either on that score.

However, on economic issues I'm pretty close to Josh: he scores 34% to my 32% (States is way-off radar on 84%)

I'm inclined to vote for Josh - but because he supports decreasing overall taxation on the wealthy he cannot count on my support

Dave

Almost got your support... but support who ever you fell like support.
P.S. I support cutting taxes for everyone not just the rich....

Stealing my ideology again I see.

What I mean with the question "Do you support lowering taxes for the rich" the question doesnt go deep enough IMHO. Because I feel taxes should not only be lowered for the rich but for everyone in general. That's why I say I support it overall. The only thing I believe the IRS should have power over is to tax corporations and never people, whether rich or poor.

NO.. that is how I have always believed...
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 05:09:02 PM »

States Rights definitly dosen't fit my ideology, however I think he has proven himself to be a respectable Senator who believes in the common good of the people and I put that belief above our relatively trivial political differences.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »

Well, both States and Josh are to the right of me on social issues (States 10%, Josh 12%, me 45%) - so I'm not inclined to vote for either on that score.

However, on economic issues I'm pretty close to Josh: he scores 34% to my 32% (States is way-off radar on 84%)

I'm inclined to vote for Josh - but because he supports decreasing overall taxation on the wealthy he cannot count on my support

Dave

Almost got your support... but support who ever you fell like support.
P.S. I support cutting taxes for everyone not just the rich....

I'll give it some thought - but I'd prefer it if the richest (i.e. those earning over $300,000 pa) didn't get any further tax cuts

Hell of a choice in District 4 mind you, a pair of right social conservatives. Are there no Democrats running?

Dave
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 01:00:05 PM »

Hell of a choice in District 4 mind you, a pair of right social conservatives. Are there no Democrats running?

There are barely any Democrats in the Southeast/D4. Your best chance really is to hope that Htmldon runs, though you should be aware that he is in fact a real life Republican with a really blue avatar. He is, however, a member (and founder) of the Union Party, who seem reasonably sane.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »

There are barely any Democrats in the Southeast/D4. Your best chance really is to hope that Htmldon runs, though you should be aware that he is in fact a real life Republican with a really blue avatar. He is, however, a member (and founder) of the Union Party, who seem reasonably sane.

I am actually a registered Democrat IRL (hence the red avatar) who just happens to resemble an old Dixiecrat.  Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 07:45:27 PM »

I've been urged to run for reelection (which I'd like to be in the senate again, but I don't think I'd have much of a chance).. How would you d4ers think about me running again.
For those of you who don't know, I'm one of the most prominent Atlasians, the first VP, a two-time PPT of the senate, a two-term senator, and I'm now serving as attorney general.  I ran for president once and came in 2nd out of 6 candidates.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 07:49:13 PM »

I've been urged to run for reelection (which I'd like to be in the senate again, but I don't think I'd have much of a chance).. How would you d4ers think about me running again.
For those of you who don't know, I'm one of the most prominent Atlasians, the first VP, a two-time PPT of the senate, a two-term senator, and I'm now serving as attorney general.  I ran for president once and came in 2nd out of 6 candidates.

Wewent over this a few months ago.  No one said you should run again. I would not vote for you over StatesRights and in the unlikely occurence that he did not run, I would run and vote for myself.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 08:09:27 PM »

Wewent over this a few months ago.  No one said you should run again. I would not vote for you over StatesRights and in the unlikely occurence that he did not run, I would run and vote for myself.

I feel likewise.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 08:23:09 PM »

Dave

This is what you get for not voting for the populist when you had the chance last time...

;-P
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »

Dave

You needed to change your avatar to red, bro, in order to stand a chance there.  No swing voters, independents need to apply.  Tongue
This is what you get for not voting for the populist when you had the chance last time...

;-P
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 08:26:48 PM »

If you don't want to vote for me fine, but there's no need to call me a liar and be a jackass about it.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2005, 08:30:16 PM »

Dave

;-P
You needed to change your avatar to red, bro, in order to stand a chance there.  No swing voters, independents need to apply.  Tongue

I got that impression during the election! Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2005, 08:31:27 PM »

If you don't want to vote for me fine, but there's no need to call me a liar and be a jackass about it.

Whoa, all I said was that you seemed like your mind was made up. Chill dude
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies