Which electoral maps are the most aesthetically pleasing to your eye? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:48:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which electoral maps are the most aesthetically pleasing to your eye? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which electoral maps are the most aesthetically pleasing to your eye?  (Read 15341 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: July 03, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »

The less populated North makes the map seem remarkably balanced in the main map, with the northern half of the province being orange and the southern half being green. Of course, the actual results were remarkably unbalanced.

Probably more at thumbnail size, but the dark red in much of what federally is West Nova and southern Kings-Hants, coupled with the dark blue in Yarmouth and Argyle, Colchester and Victoria seem to nicely balance the remaining orange. They colours seem to just match.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:09:03 AM »

Homely's France maps are the best I've seen.

Agreed.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »

Which one was it? When I find a slight error (typically a rogue pixel), I remove it, save the map and then edit the map in the Gallery to upload the new image. Of course, when you save a new image in the Gallery, it changes the extension name, which means all the previous links to it don't work. I haven't deleted any of my maps (I don't think I have, anyway, certainly not in a very long time), but the Canadian one is fairly new and I've been ironing out errors for the past couple of weeks (hopefully all fixed now), so the edits are likely to have changed the link.

I suspect you posted this one?
2011 Canadian Federal Election Results Map - Notionally Adjusted to Reflect Redistributed Riding Boundaries
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies