Falconist Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:29:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Falconist Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Falconist Party  (Read 12001 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »

And yes, we plan for a swiss-style milita system to support the standing military.

You know the military is high tech these days, requiring fewer folks but with higher skill sets don't you?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »

What is your party's stance on the theory of evolution?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2012, 06:47:55 PM by Kuchnia domowa »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hmm.... what does that remind me of?

Oh, Falconist! I'm so sorry. It's not like they could be the same word in different languages, right? Haha! Ha. Uh...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »

Lol
The CINC
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »

And yes, we plan for a swiss-style milita system to support the standing military.

You know the military is high tech these days, requiring fewer folks but with higher skill sets don't you?

Our military can defeat most conventional forces with fewer but highly trained troops with advanced technology. However, to hold the ground, you still need lots and lots of infantry. Not to mention if we get into a war with China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Iran, North Korea or fight a two-front war, our small high-tech military would be put to the test.

Our small high-tech force vanquished the Iraqi army in a matter of weeks. However, we lacked the infantry to occupy the country. Had we occupied Iraq with 500,000 troops, there may have been no insurgency. Afghanistan would probably have required a million.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 05:00:46 AM »

If we get in a war with Russia, 10 million cannon fodder conscripts isn't going to change anything.  Also, no way Pakistan and India fight on the same side against the US (or India and the PRC for that matter).

I'm one of the "hawkier" people around here, but maybe, just maybe, we shouldn't be in the occupation business?  There is nothing wrong, IMHO, with blowing a nation's military up and leaving a note that says something along the lines of "Remember that thing you did that made us come here and blow your sh**t up?  Yeah, don't do that again.  If you want help fixing your sh**t, give us a call, if not, we'll see you at the next UN meeting.  Good luck.".
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 06:03:26 AM »

I cordially invite you to check out the only Communitarian party in the US today, the Falconist Party. Our party combines the ideas of the right and left to take America and the world neither right, nor left, but up. Look us up on the web.

And twirling towards freedom?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 06:07:40 AM »

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 06:13:35 AM »

This sounds like a caricature of what a "Simfan-party" would be.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 06:19:52 AM »

The CINC
Rookie
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »

Our system of UMT and Mandatory National Service is a hybrid of multiple systems such as Switzerland, Singapore and especially Israel.

You don't need to sacrifice quality or technological edge when adopting a conscript force. Germany and Israel fielded formidable high tech forces and both utilize conscription. While the All Volunteer Force won the American Revolution, Mexican War, Spanish-American War and Gulf War, it was armies that utilized conscription that won the Civil War, WW1, and WW2. Vietnam was a war where volunteers outnumbered conscripts because the draft had more holes than Swiss Cheese.

Sometimes, we do have to get into the occupation business otherwise you lose the peace. I wonder if we should be in the business of occupying, rebuilding and leaving because we rarely have anything to show for it. Maybe we need to at least start making these countries protectorates of the US.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »

I'm 12 and what in the holy f[inks] is this?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 09:14:11 AM »

The Swiss thing is more about a men's camping trip periodically, and a big waste of time and money. They trek over the hills and dales, stop at a pub for a beer when not being watched, and have a grand old time. Officers get routed into banking jobs as their reward. Yes, I read a long article about it all by that most wonderful writer, John McPhee. Interestingly, the German speakers enjoy playing the game considerably more than the French speakers do. Maybe the French are more well rounded and have other hobbies. Maybe they are more oriented to indoor sports rather than outdoor ones.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »

Sometimes, we do have to get into the occupation business otherwise you lose the peace. I wonder if we should be in the business of occupying, rebuilding and leaving because we rarely have anything to show for it. Maybe we need to at least start making these countries protectorates of the US.

Oh goody, we have an empire-ist.
The CINC
Rookie
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »

And for the Israeli system? I think an Israeli mechanized division can give an American mechanized division for a run for its money.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »

And for the Israeli system? I think an Israeli mechanized division can give an American mechanized division for a run for its money.

Israel needs to rapidly expand its army given the hood its in, when trouble breaks out, and in a hurry. The place is too small to have that many folks in the military full time, and still be economically viable. The US is not in that position. One size does not fit all.

You do know that the US is broke right?  The US just does not have the economic muscle anymore to effect a muscular Pax Americana for the globe - nor the will, even if that were wise, and heck, the US was not even able to "pacify" Afghanistan after a 10 year run. How do you think we would do trying to pacify Pakistan for example?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2012, 10:22:27 AM »

13th Amendment.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »

How did I miss this beautiful, beautiful thread? 

I am very interested in your party good sir.  Please continue to keep us informed.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »

Yawn. Run-of-the-mill neo-fascists.
The CINC
Rookie
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »

How did I miss this beautiful, beautiful thread? 

I am very interested in your party good sir.  Please continue to keep us informed.

Google us on the web and you can find our website. You can apply for membership online
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 02:30:22 AM »

My favorite part of their 'About Us' page was this unexpected and inexplicable gem:

The CINC
Rookie
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »

My favorite part of their 'About Us' page was this unexpected and inexplicable gem:

We have been talking about changing our electoral color. We wanted Purple, but that is unofficially the electoral color of the Constitution Party, Yellow/Gold is the electoral color of the Libertarian Party (unofficially). We looked at White, Silver, Black, Orange. In a recent poll, alot of people came out to favor "bronze". So we may repaint the red and blue sates "bronze". You may see "bronze states" in the future XD
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »

i remember you recruiting on a certain teen politics site whose name escapes me about 10 years ago.  do you remember 'joey dauben' repeating all those alex jones talking points about owls? good times.
The CINC
Rookie
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »

i remember you recruiting on a certain teen politics site whose name escapes me about 10 years ago.  do you remember 'joey dauben' repeating all those alex jones talking points about owls? good times.

We have better times ahead. We have units in California, Washington, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Arizona, Georgia, Texas, and Indiana. We are also working on establishing overseas units of our party as well.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »

tbh your ideology reads like a bizarre cross between the original progressive movement, Bush era neocon fantasies (circa ~2002-2004) and falangism. how old are you dude.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies