Question for Christian conservatives (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question for Christian conservatives (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Christian conservatives  (Read 4182 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 15, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »

Tho I don't think that this is the case for the general population, by the standards of this forum, I guess I'd be grouped among the Christian conservatives, so I'll give a shot at answering it.

To begin with, an emphasis on redistributionist taxation is not something that can be justified under scripture.  The message of Jesus is far more concerned with the next world than this world.  See for example the Parable of the Rich Fool (Luke 12:13-21).  Christian economic theory centers on voluntary redistribution not confiscatory redistribution.  Note specifically Luke 12:13-14.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »

Is the government not a body of people? If people are being helped, then it doesn't really matter. If you're trying to encourage people to be nice and charitable, that's great, but that's not an excuse for removing the government.
Of course it matters. It matters whether it is the most effective, whether people's deepest needs are really being met, and whether the means are just.

From a Christian perspective one's deepest needs are not physical, but spiritual.  Forced redistribution discourages voluntary redistribution that can be helpful to the soul.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies