Question for Christian conservatives (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question for Christian conservatives (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Christian conservatives  (Read 4147 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: June 19, 2012, 01:52:49 AM »

I don't think the average conservative believes in or obeys the Golden Rule or loves his neighbor as himself. Giving tax cuts to the rich and turning the poor and immigrants away isn't very Christian in my book.

"Your book" is the liberal playbook, and you're bringing religion into the debate to try to undercut our message.

The answer is, everything is subjective. While you may not believe that conservative tax policies are very Christian, many of us do.

We don't give tax breaks to the rich because we love rich people more than our neighbors. We give tax cuts to the rich because we believe it's a good way to lift up our neighbours along with the whole of society. And in that sense, you might see we are actively fighting for our neighbours. I think it's absurd to suggest that conservatives, in particular, aren't neghbourly or charitable.
Like I said, conservative christians are just deluded people in two unrelated areas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies