Office of Former Assemblyman Jerseyrules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former Assemblyman Jerseyrules
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Former Assemblyman Jerseyrules  (Read 885 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »

Alright guys, seeing as I've lost every gubernatorial election for a while here, (Wink) I'm announcing my move to the Mideast.  As the northeast is quite hostile to my conservative brand of libertarianism, I feel that the Mideast would give me a better chance of having my values heard.  This is not the end, but a new beginning, my friends.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »

Alright guys, seeing as I've lost every gubernatorial election for a while here, (Wink) I'm announcing my move to the Mideast.  As the northeast is quite hostile to my conservative brand of libertarianism, I feel that the Mideast would give me a better chance of having my values heard.  This is not the end, but a new beginning, my friends.

Don't do that, you didn't debate early wnough. Try to run for the Assembly. Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »

Move to the Pacific or Midwest and run locally.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »

Hate to see you go.  Though if I were to move I'd go to one of the regions that are in a desperate need of a population boost (Pacific or Midwest), but that's just me. Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

That would be nice, and you wouldn't be the first libertarian who has decided to move to our region during the recent months. If you decide to come to the Mideast, make sure you officially declare your move in this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=34355.7575
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »

I! D! S! I! D! S!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »

Don't do that, you didn't debate early wnough. Try to run for the Assembly. Smiley

I encourage you to consider running for the Assembly at the next opportunity, too. (And if there are any vacancies during my term, I guarantee you that someone who has taken the trouble to actually run for office would be at the top of my list of potential temporary appointees.) The gubernatorial election could have been closer if you had run a more active campaign. Don't assume that the votes to get you elected aren't there. The Northeast has a lot to offer you.

This is true, and I congratulate my opponent on his victory.  I'm not going to say the NE won't have me to kick around anymore or anything like that because I know you're right.  I ran a lackluster campaign, and I lost.  Before I move I'll weigh the options, benefits etc.  It's definitely not a definite at this point but I do believe that my career is here and I should try and stick it out as long as possible.  Anyway thank you for your support, and the lack thereof from those of you who voted against me.  Who knows?  Like with Reagan's loss of the IA caucus in 1980, this might just be the kick in the pants I need to get myself back to work.  If the Governor-elect asks for my advice on anything he will have my mind and heart on whatever the issue may be.  I hope I can continue to represent the people of the NE to the best of my ability in my absence from public service.  The fight for liberty is not over, and I'd love the opportunity to continue that fight, or to train the next generation of libertarians.  I started this race and many others as an underdog, and I'm comfortable as can be playing David.  Thank you NE, thank you everyone, thank you Atlasia, and God Bless Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »

You should stay. Losing to someone like myself or Nix is nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing a little hard work and dedication couldn't overcome. Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

Just an FYI, the reason why it's harder for anyone who is conservative to win in this region is because every time someone loses, they leave the region.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »

You should stay. Losing to someone like myself or Nix is nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing a little hard work and dedication couldn't overcome. Smiley

I know.  You guys campaigned as moderate heroes in a region dominated by moderate republicans and liberals, and I've been very satisfied by your time in office.  So much so, you've definitely got my second preference, maybe my first in the presidential election.  I also agree with Sen. Tex that much of the reason for this is that people leave when they lose.  A small part of me believes that if I were to leave I'd be giving up on the region and those who live in it.  Maybe in September, or even 2013, there will be some room for a libertarian; maybe even sooner Wink.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2012, 10:49:32 AM by Governor Napoleon »

I know.  You guys campaigned as moderate heroes in a region dominated by moderate republicans and liberals, and I've been very satisfied by your time in office.  So much so, you've definitely got my second preference, maybe my first in the presidential election.  I also agree with Sen. Tex that much of the reason for this is that people leave when they lose.  A small part of me believes that if I were to leave I'd be giving up on the region and those who live in it.  Maybe in September, or even 2013, there will be some room for a libertarian; maybe even sooner Wink.

There is always room for libertarians in the Northeast, you just have to work harder than libertarians in the past. And of course I would love to have your vote as President, I believe the Northeast is better off now than we were four months ago, my work to end the wars and on drug reform cannot be rivaled by any other candidates, and I am endorsed by the most successful libertarian in the Northeast or anywhere in Atlasia, former veep Dallasfan. Smiley

I would like to see you and Goldwater Republican try to bring back libertarianism, just like Simfan and Winfield revived Rockefeller Republicanism.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 02:09:19 AM »

There is always room for libertarians in the Northeast, you just have to work harder than libertarians in the past. And of course I would love to have your vote as President, I believe the Northeast is better off now than we were four months ago, my work to end the wars and on drug reform cannot be rivaled by any other candidates, and I am endorsed by the most successful libertarian in the Northeast or anywhere in Atlasia, former veep Dallasfan. Smiley

I would like to see you and Goldwater Republican try to bring back libertarianism, just like Simfan and Winfield revived Rockefeller Republicanism.

Don't forget Sen. 20RP12 Wink.  I'll work harder in the future, and I think that some people don't know they're libertarians, or are closer libertarians.  Maybe even you Tongue Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies