Moment of truth for wealthy Bay Area liberals (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:09:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Moment of truth for wealthy Bay Area liberals (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moment of truth for wealthy Bay Area liberals  (Read 3636 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 28, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

Fantastic news about that tax increase from Obamacare, Torie.  If only it were higher.

Tax policy affects behavior. Who knew?

OK, two points - 1) what on earth are you doing 'working' at all?  or is it more in a euphemistic sense you are talking about? and 2) what kind of bizarre reasoning leads you to consider a 3.8% tax sufficient to be not worth getting the money?  (hint - rich people resent giving back any of their government-provided privilege).

I know if I had passive income (whatever it was masquerading as on the tax form) effortlessly entering my pockets, I wouldn't cause it to cease just because I only got to keep 70% or so.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »

I was speaking about myself in one of the posts. Yes the marginal utility for me of additional dough is quite low relatively speaking. If the tax on passive income got high enough, I would just buy more municipal bonds.

As a wise old Italian woman once said to me about these issues - 'you should have such problems'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies