Moment of truth for wealthy Bay Area liberals (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:10:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Moment of truth for wealthy Bay Area liberals (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moment of truth for wealthy Bay Area liberals  (Read 3637 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »
« edited: June 19, 2012, 12:30:18 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Well, even in the bay area, most people wouldn't be affected by the income tax increase. It won't affect anyone making less than $250,000 a year, not even single filers.

There is a 0.25% sales tax that will affect everyone of course. There should be more sales tax coming in when the exemption for Amazon and the like expires in mid-September.

The Munger proposal will raise almost everyone's income taxes. Yeah, I don't see that passing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:08 AM »

I think Marin county will be the most interesting test.  I suppose looking at the vote by precinct level will be the best test, and perhaps the wealthiest Bay Area spots aren't the most Democratic, but my bet is that those wealthy  areas  are some of the most liberal, wealthy parts of the country.

I would expect it to still pass in Mill Valley, but do a fair amount worse than their percentages for Democrats for President.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:17:17 AM »

In other news, Obamacare raises the medicare tax from 2.9% to 3.8% on earned income that goes on forever, and slaps the 3.8% on unearned income for everybody earning over 200K if single, and 250K if married. I find it more and more profitable to spend my time more as a playboy than as a lawyer. That even applies to income from selling your home for a profit. Of course, next to nobody knows about this little tax. It was so buried in the 3000 some pages of the Obamacare bill, that it is only surfacing now, which reminds me yet again, just how pathetic the media is in covering anything complex.

I've heard about this a bunch. Anyways, singles making less than $200k and married couples making less than $250k won't be affected by this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies