West Virginia Democrats Scared of their Own Shadows: Will Skip Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  West Virginia Democrats Scared of their Own Shadows: Will Skip Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: West Virginia Democrats Scared of their Own Shadows: Will Skip Convention  (Read 9411 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »

If Romney-R wins, Manchin(D-WV) might be the Zell Miller of the 2010s.
During the Bush v Gore race. Bush carried GA by a double digit margin and Miller remained neutral.
During the Bush v Kerry race. Bush increased his margin of victory in GA and and Miller went of the deep end.
Manchin could endorse Romney-R in his 2016 re-election campaign, give keynote address at RNC convention and go on Hardball and challenge Chris Matthews to a duel.

So basically, if Romney wins MSNBC features live duels to the death? That's not a bad idea; it'd certainly boost ratings, especially among the WWE crowd...

...I think you probably get this, but just in case you don't...you do realize that Zell Miller challenged Chris Matthews to a duel back in 2004, right?  And that this is a reference?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »

People like cope are one of the reasons people think Democrats are elitist condescending jerks.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »

Yes, that's exactly what's behind it. Not the fact that they're playing to the animalistic instincts of their dirt poor, racist constituents

Who else raised an eyebrow at that?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I saw it, which is why I posted what I did about cope earlier.  It is really disgustingly elitist of a party to go on and on about how it's the party of the commoner and the little guy and then completely ignore the actual opinions of said people and condescend to them and declare that the party knows what's good for them better than they themselves do.  (I try to avoid this by never claiming a populist streak to begin with, unlike someone like cope who rambles about fighting for the little guy and then makes fun of the impoverished and rural)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies