France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:50:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism  (Read 308646 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »

Oh great.  Another "left-winger" who promises an alternative to austerity, gets elected, and implements it. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »

Well, so much for "Le changement, c'est maintenant!"  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19194639# 
Will someone please fire Valls already?
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19261885

There's something about Valls which really reminds me of Sarko, although it's probably just me.
There's also something about Hollande that really reminds me of Sarko.  At least, the way he's been governing.  Just not as forcefully, but with the same aims and philosophy in mind. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »

LOL, I wasn't even aware these riots were going on. Since I came to SF I haven't been following any French news. Well, wow. I think I need some more info to comment on the events, but from what I gather it seems like big stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19261885

There's something about Valls which really reminds me of Sarko, although it's probably just me.
There's also something about Hollande that really reminds me of Sarko.  At least, the way he's been governing.  Just not as forcefully, but with the same aims and philosophy in mind. 

He might not be as left-wing as we'd like him to be (even then, it's early to judge), but this is objectively false. Or at least, indicates that your criteria for "ideological similarity" are very loose.
I said that more with anger than analytical depth Tongue But he's basically endorsed the austerity that's being imposed upon the Greeks and let Merkel have her way.  No renegotiation of the fiscal compact whatsoever, even though he kept saying he would.  And now they've ratified it.  Not to mention his spending cuts.  And even a really hardcore supporter of his would have to admit that his "raising" of the minimum wage was a total joke.  I mean, 2%, really?  God, if only there were a way to go back in time and hold the PS primary all over again. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »

That's it, the government just lowered the price of one liter of gas by 0,06 €. Huge priority for a left-wing government to spend its money on... -___-'

Oh and Montebourg said that nuclear power was a "sector with a future" (un secteur d'avenir), the Greens are pretty pissed but they either resign or shut up. So they shut up. Glad we the FdG didn't negotiate ministers beforehand like those did...
Wow, this government really is becoming a train wreck really fast. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »

It's obvious not all depuites were there, so it's just they lacked a few of their own. I'm a bit appalled by the PCF one voting against, though unfortunately not completely surprised...

And it's also a bit scary, but also not very surprising, to see most overseas left-wing deputies voting against.

Out of curiosity, why is it not surprising that a commie would vote against SSM?
Well, it certainly is rather surprising, but I guess a possible explanation would be that their working-class supporters aren't nuts about it.  Plus, it's not like communist regimes are known for their gay-friendliness.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336342/Ex-lovers-fight-presidency-France-Mother-Francois-Hollandes-children-tipped-leader.html'

Yep, it's true.  She's criticizing Hollande vaguely from the left, it would appear.  And she's got a new book out.  She lists Mitterand as a role model.  Lolz. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/18/segolene-royal-back-francois-hollande-problem
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:29:27 PM »

Why is acceptance of homosexuality down 6%? That can't all be from Muslims, can it?

People being annoyed at the gay marriage debate.
"How dare those queers ask for their rights?  That's it, I don't accept their lifestyle anymore because of how angry I am!"
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »

Here's hoping she primaries Flanby in 2017.  The PS has to be saved from itself.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »

Yeah, pretty insane that they are firing the absolutely harmless Batho while keeping that annoying tool Montebourg.
What's he been up to since the whole nuclear energy fiasco?
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »

God, why won't Flanby get the f[inks] rid of that racist monster?
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 11:10:49 PM »

Holy sh*t Flanby.  Please.  Don't run in 2017.  Please.  Hell, resign now, frankly.  You may have killed the French left for a good 20 years. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »

Flanby had a prostate operation in 2011, turns out.  Awful timing.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 08:39:39 PM »

So basically, Hollande is probably the French version of Bill Clinton, with all the serial womanizing...

And with less charisma/ability to bounce back.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »

Ugh God are there any decent people left in the PS with a decent shot of being nominated for President (if Hollande stands down in 2017)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies