SENATE BILL: The Regional Restructuring Amendment of 2012 (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:37:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Regional Restructuring Amendment of 2012 (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Regional Restructuring Amendment of 2012 (Tabled)  (Read 3522 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: June 25, 2012, 01:56:06 AM »
« edited: June 25, 2012, 02:12:02 AM by Senator Scott »

I strongly oppose this bill.  Not only does it needlessly reduce the number of Senate seats, but this idea is very unpopular in both regions.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2012, 06:06:57 PM by Senator Scott »

Oh, my mistake.  The public was actually split on this.  I was thinking of another poll.

Anyhow, I will not support any bill that re-institutes districts.  Gerrymandering is a concern to me and I doubt it will help very well, activity wise.  As for the competitiveness problem, elections are traditionally uncompetitive simply because not enough candidates run.  The Northeast and Mideast elections were fairly competitive last weekend, but the Midwest, Pacific, and IDS ones were not because only one person was running in each of them.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »

Anyhow, I will not support any bill that re-institutes districts.  Gerrymandering is a concern to me and I doubt it will help very well, activity wise.
Hmm, gerrymandering could be a problem, but then I know there are others out there who supported districts when the idea came up a couple months ago.  Just throwing that out there.  Perhaps under the new four district system we could have two additional senators that each are elected in two regions as a sort of in between of the At-Large and Regional seats.  Senator 9 elected in the Northeast and IDS, and Senator 10 elected in the Midwest and Pacific.
That would be a better idea than mandating new districts every several months.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Switching the states around likely will not.  There were plenty of people who turned out to vote, but never do anything else in the game and only turned out because they were PMed to.  Contacting non-players about the game and persuading newcomers to be active is really the only thing we can do, at this point, especially since many people would likely re-register in different regions, anyway.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length