SENATE BILL: The Regional Restructuring Amendment of 2012 (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:32:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Regional Restructuring Amendment of 2012 (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Regional Restructuring Amendment of 2012 (Tabled)  (Read 3510 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »

Entirely disregarding the fact that this is a horrible idea in general, if we're going to have four regions that roughly coincide with US Census regions, why don't we just call them Northeast, South, Midwest, and West?

Because (for IDS especially & Pacific to a lesser extent) those names are traditional and part of the regional culture.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:55:09 PM »

Entirely disregarding the fact that this is a horrible idea in general, if we're going to have four regions that roughly coincide with US Census regions, why don't we just call them Northeast, South, Midwest, and West?

Because (for IDS especially & Pacific to a lesser extent) those names are traditional and part of the regional culture.

I'm more concerned about the Mideast/Midwest. I understand the IDS and Pacific.

This is a horrible day anyway.

Eh. I honestly don't know why the midwest is called the Mideast and the west is called the Midwest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies