Napoleon/Kalwejt Administration: Transition Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:24:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt Administration: Transition Office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt Administration: Transition Office  (Read 4348 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

If Tweed's case had any validity, than why was it  not brought up in any previous Presidential election?

If past Presidential elections were valid, then by extension, this one has to be valid as well.  If those elections were not valid, then past administrations would have been illigitimate.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 07:56:52 PM »

Napoleon, Kalwejt, I wish to take this opportunity to congratulate the two of you on your victory. and wish you all the best for your administration.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »

The position of GTO Ambassador has been abolished and I am happy with that. On the other hand, I believe having an Ambassador to assist us with diplomacy and help the SoEA with news releases will be nothing short of helpful. With that said, I have asked former Assemblyman Cathcon to serve as Ambassador.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »

Napoleon, Kalwejt, I wish to take this opportunity to congratulate the two of you on your victory. and wish you all the best for your administration.

Thank you very much Winfield. Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »

The position of GTO Ambassador has been abolished and I am happy with that. On the other hand, I believe having an Ambassador to assist us with diplomacy and help the SoEA with news releases will be nothing short of helpful. With that said, I have asked former Assemblyman Cathcon to serve as Ambassador.

Excellent pick.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »

Excellent pick.

I'm Napoleon, what did you expect? Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

I greatly appreciate the appointment, and I thank you, President-elect Napoleon, for this. I will gladly and dutifully help in administration foreign policy goals. Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »

Congratulations, Cathcon- and on the excellent pick Napoleon
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »

Very true Wink
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 08:57:18 PM »

So, since GTO Ambassador is gone, you made a new position with almost the exact same name and duties and appointed someone to it? Is that the gist of it?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »

So, since GTO Ambassador is gone, you made a new position with almost the exact same name and duties and appointed someone to it? Is that the gist of it?

You dare criticize the appointment of low-level members of the foreign policy team? Good sir, that is what made George H.W. Bush's political career!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »

You could say that. It isn't exactly the same, and this position will probably end up more meaningful than the official GTO Ambassador ever was.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

You could say that. It isn't exactly the same, and this position will probably end up more meaningful than the official GTO Ambassador ever was.

In what ways does it differ besides the name?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »

We have lacked good newspapers and news sources here lately but I expect that to change soon. With the surge in activity that we will see after I am inaugurated, I need someone effective to handle the media. I appoint Alfred Jones to be my administration's Press Secretary.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »

Thanks, amigo!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 01:53:18 AM »

just out of curiosity - does the Constitution give the President the authority to create new positions, or are these considered powers implied in the nature of the executive office?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 06:02:12 AM »

just out of curiosity - does the Constitution give the President the authority to create new positions, or are these considered powers implied in the nature of the executive office?

I don't believe I am creating new offices. My view is that these offices existed all along but aren't part of the Constitutional Cabinet. I think it is reasonable to say that there are Ambassadors working diplomatically for the DoEA, even if they can't always be played by someone in the game.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »

I'd be thrilled to work with Cathcon, whether on official or unofficial capacity. If there's any legal problem, I'm sure a simple legislation can give secretaries (not just internal affairs) a right to appoint their deputies/assistants/helpers etc.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 09:17:29 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2012, 09:30:47 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

I don't believe I am creating new offices. My view is that these offices existed all along but aren't part of the Constitutional Cabinet. I think it is reasonable to say that there are Ambassadors working diplomatically for the DoEA, even if they can't always be played by someone in the game.

There have always been "ambassadors" as part of the structure of the DoEA; ambassador to Lebanon, ambassador to France, ambassador to Djibouti, ambassador to Barbados, and so on. As far as I know and the Wiki says, no ambassadorial position has ever been filled nor proposed to be filled till this proposal, excluding the position of GTO Ambassador. With the Foreign Policy Review Act of 2012 passed and signed by the President, you're basically attempting to reverse that act and reestablish the position of GTO Ambassador in all but name.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »

There have always been "ambassadors" as part of the structure of the DoEA; ambassador to Lebanon, ambassador to France, ambassador to Djibouti, ambassador to Barbados, and so on. As far as I know and the Wiki says, no ambassadorial position has ever been filled, excluding the position of GTO Ambassador. With the Foreign Policy Review Act of 2012 passed and signed by the President, you're basically attempting to reverse that act and reestablish the position of GTO Ambassador in all but name.

What you mean is, no Ambassador position has ever been filled until now. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

The President-elect has invited President Polnut and Vice President Tmthforu to meet on his yacht in Southport, Connecticut to discuss the transition between administrations. Vice President-elect Kalwejt will also be in attendance along with undisclosed senior party officials.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »

The Vice President accepts your invitation, and will be traveling to Southport tomorrow evening.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »

Good luck with the most recent trial Mr. President.

Mr. Tweed's case sounds Ironclad.

If Ironclad mean: an excuse to rape upon us his Messianic Complex and make me desperately wish the tv remote next to me was a gun instead.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 02:58:15 PM »

Mr. President, you have a yacht?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »

Out-of-touch elitist...