IDS Legislator SJoyceFla (IB-FL) Re-Election Campaign!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:07:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS Legislator SJoyceFla (IB-FL) Re-Election Campaign!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS Legislator SJoyceFla (IB-FL) Re-Election Campaign!  (Read 947 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
« edited: July 03, 2012, 09:01:41 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Campaign Kick-off, St. Petersburg, FL

Braving 30 MPH winds, current Secretary of External Affairs and former IDS Legislator SJoyceFla announced his decision to return to the Legislature.

"So I've decided to run for the IDS Legislature in July (that's a Class A seat). Basically, if I'm elected I'll continue to do the stuff I was doing till I stopped doing it to go do other stuff. I've got a whole bunch of ideas for reform that I really think can benefit the people of the South, ranging from the massive and serious (my education reform ideas) to those of little significance but that still help improve our lives (the anti-Satan bill). Y'all know me and you know my politics, so I'll just restate them briefly. I'm pro-cutting taxes, pro-protecting gun rights, pro-same-sex marriage, pro-legal drugs, non-interventionist, anti-defecit, anti-protectionist, anti-subsidy, anti-affirmative action, anti-excessive small business regulation, pro-civil rights, pro-separation of church and state, pro-habeas corpus, anti-indefinite detention, anti-wiretapping, pro-consumer protection, pro-health care reform, pro-union, pro-anti-trust, and so on and so forth. I'm a proud member of the Imperial Bloc, and a proud Floridian. I've loved doing what I've done in the legislature so far, and hope the people of this region see fit to allow me to go back to Memphis and continue to work for them and their interests, keeping government small and responsible to the people. I would love to have your support, and that of people from across the IDS (and, if current legislation passes, across the South)."

His next campaign event shall be at Duke University, in Durham, North Carolina.

The floor is open to questions.

Also, Endorsement List (thanks to all y'all! Don't want to get the thread clogged up with me saying thanks 20 different times or something Tongue):
VP-till-Friday Tmthforu94
Senator Scott
Senator Ben
IDS Legislator Adam Griffin
Northeast Representative Alfred F. Jones
SoIA-till-Friday 20RP12
Imperial Speaker Yelnoc
Senator (and former Presidential Candidate) Clarence
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »

Endorsed! Best of luck to you. Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »

Thanks!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:40:58 PM »

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »

Endorse, of course, of course 'e's endorsed.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »

Endorsed!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »

Campaign Event, Durham, North Carolina

At a campaign event given at Duke University, Secretary of External Affairs and Fmr. (and hopefully future) IDS Legislator SJoyceFla gave his plan for educational reform in the IDS.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

He will continue on to Charleston, SC to speak about our Empire. The floor is open to questions again, particularly on education policy.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »

I definitely think something should come out of our discussion of education. Problem is, it went on for too long & everyone was burned out as a result.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

Problem is, education reform isn't sexy, so no one wants to talk about it. My solution is for someone to make a ridiculous bill, cause a controversy and then people will talk about it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »

Problem is, education reform isn't sexy, so no one wants to talk about it. My solution is for someone to make a ridiculous bill, cause a controversy and then people will talk about it.

Make an education reform bill & tack on something juicy to get us sued by the feds? Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »

I definitely think something should come out of our discussion of education. Problem is, it went on for too long & everyone was burned out as a result.

Which is why we're currently discussing making Kingdoms, changing the flag, and colonizing Antarctica Tongue in all seriousness, it's nearly done, so once people finish what's in the queue already it should (in theory) be ready for a few amendments and then an up-or-down vote.

I can probably throw in something from Article I Section VII if that floats your boat. By the way, the first two Wiki results for "powers denied the regions" are IDS Constitution and Atlasia v. Southeast I.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 06:11:18 PM »

The education bill was unfortunate. How could anything become of it when at the end there, the only people really talking about it were me and an interested citizen? I don't mind that you guys dropped it (it seemed to be draining life out of the place), but I think we'd benefit from more people talking about it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »

Make an education reform bill & tack on something juicy to get us sued by the feds? Smiley

Exactly. You and I have been around long enough to know that the best way to get discussion going in Atlasia is to create some sort of controversy.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

SJOYCEFLA
R
[ƎVO˩]UTION

Behold my creation! I'd make it bigger but that messes with the glow effect and makes half of it on the black background and half off.

Also, the campaign would like to state that it is willing to be interviewed by both/either newspaper if they so desire such an interview. Newspaper endorsements are also nice Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »

Campaign Event, Charleston, South Carolina

At a campaign event at Patriots Point in Charleston, Secretary of External Affairs and Fmr. IDS Legislator SJoyceFla spoke on the continuation of the Cultural Revolution of Awesomeness.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Next campaign event shall be in Augusta, GA, followed by one in Tuskegee, AL. The floor is open to questions.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 05:48:56 PM »

What do you believe the IDS should do in the event that the Supreme Court overturns the results of our last federal election?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 05:56:15 PM »

What do you believe the IDS should do in the event that the Supreme Court overturns the results of our last federal election?

That would depend on the text of the decision itself and the implications of it. There are a variety of ways the Court can overturn the election results, and a variety of things that could result from any decision they reach. It would depend on the facts of the scenario itself.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies