If a state fails to implement ObamaCare, will that hurt Obama's re-election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If a state fails to implement ObamaCare, will that hurt Obama's re-election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If a state fails to implement ObamaCare, will that hurt Obama's re-election?  (Read 1585 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

There are many states that don't have the budget to implement Health Care.  These states may in fact go broke or face budget cuts in road repair, teachers, and police in order to implement health care. 

Many governors like Jindal and Perry have said they will not implement health care in their states.

Does this refusal to implement health care hurt Obama?  Will it galvanize anti-health care sentiment. 

Most of these states are red states like Texas and Louisiana. 

But Wisconsin and Virginia may also face strong opposition to health care.  This will hurt Obama.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »

Wouldn't this only matter after 2014? At which time I suppose some Presidential wannabes will refuse to take a 100% subsidy to expand Medicaid. Lol.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »

Yeah, forcing Catholics to pay for abortion is a joke.

Obama's written off the Catholic vote for a generation.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »

Is that even legal?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »

Fail. The Feds cover 100% of the Medicaid expansion, going down to 90% by 2019.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:05 AM »

yes, but what percentage of Catholics are pro life? You'd be surprised how split people are in the church.

The pew religious survey shows that 48% of Catholics believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases. So the idea that all Catholics are pro life is very outdated.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 09:59:54 AM »

LOL, Obama won Catholics in 2008 and will again.  Remember that 60% of Catholics approved of the contraception deal BEFORE Obama caved.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 10:06:31 AM »

George W. Bush forced Catholics to pay for his wars, which the pope immediately condemned, but that didn't stop some Catholics (including you?) from voting for him.

Catholics will follow their personal ideology, and ignore church teaching where those conflict, as will people of any faith.
wan
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »

no because it kicks  in 2013 or 2014 thats after the election.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »

George W. Bush forced Catholics to pay for his wars, which the pope immediately condemned, but that didn't stop some Catholics (including you?) from voting for him.

Catholics will follow their personal ideology, and ignore church teaching where those conflict, as will people of any faith.

Exactly, I'm Catholic and I strongly disapprove of the Conference of Catholic Bishops' stance on this issue, and don't even get me started on Cardinal Dolan. The American Catholic Church is so insufferable compared to its European counterpart, probably because the Europeans don't feel as if they have to out-evangelize the Baptists every time they get.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »

Exactly, I'm Catholic and I strongly disapprove of the Conference of Catholic Bishops' stance on this issue, and don't even get me started on Cardinal Dolan. The American Catholic Church is so insufferable compared to its European counterpart, probably because the Europeans don't feel as if they have to out-evangelize the Baptists every time they get.

Same here.  In my mind, the pope's demand of universal health care trumps whatever those idiot bishops say anyway.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »

Same here.  In my mind, the pope's demand of universal health care trumps whatever those idiot bishops say anyway.

The world's biggest and richest multinational corporation supports government-controlled health care? 

My Lord, what a shock. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies