Do you think the Health Care Act is as unpopular in 2012 as in 2010 elections?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:15:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Do you think the Health Care Act is as unpopular in 2012 as in 2010 elections?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do you think the Health Care Act is as unpopular in 2012 as in 2010 elections?  (Read 2914 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »

Honestly? No.

Not that it still isn't politically potent.

People make a HUGE mistake to assume that a Midterm political dynamic will exist in the next presidential race, 1982 didn't impact 1984, 1994 didn't impact 1996... a lot of that comes down to demographics. There was a sharp drop in minority and youth involvement between 2008 and 10, which is normal for midterms.

But in 2012, there are many black voters that oppose universal marriage.  Also, many young voters are busy getting high than remembering about "HOPE AND CHANGE" like in 2008.  There is no Iraq War 'draft' for college students to fear getting drawn into. 

If Obama is counting on the Youth Vote in 2012, he's going to lose big.  That's my prediction at least.

Obama doesn't need the same youth turnout to win, he just needs it to return to same level it normally is for presidential elections. But I think the turnout will be above normal youth turnout... but below 2008.

The GOP positions on immigration and women's rights will hurt them far more than Obama's position on gay marriage will hurt him.
Their position on Immigration does hurt the GOP brand. They have little room for error on that issue now thanks to Obama's temporary amnesty of children who were illegally brought here by their parents through no fault of their own.

Are you kidding me? Americans want their border protected and the squatters kicked out!
Well I agree the border has to be protected and immigrants with visa's should be tracked so we can deport them if they overstay their visa which should be the policy. Its not all about the border. Its not like you are gonna deport 11 million illegals though. The children of illegals should stay as should somebody who is living the last few years of their lives of the lives if they came here illegally. The people who came are in the middle of those two groups should pay back taxes that they owe, learn english, and pay a fine for coming here illegally. If you can't do those 3 things than you should be deported.
kenyanobama
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.52, S: 9.48

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »

Honestly? No.

Not that it still isn't politically potent.

People make a HUGE mistake to assume that a Midterm political dynamic will exist in the next presidential race, 1982 didn't impact 1984, 1994 didn't impact 1996... a lot of that comes down to demographics. There was a sharp drop in minority and youth involvement between 2008 and 10, which is normal for midterms.

But in 2012, there are many black voters that oppose universal marriage.  Also, many young voters are busy getting high than remembering about "HOPE AND CHANGE" like in 2008.  There is no Iraq War 'draft' for college students to fear getting drawn into. 

If Obama is counting on the Youth Vote in 2012, he's going to lose big.  That's my prediction at least.

Obama doesn't need the same youth turnout to win, he just needs it to return to same level it normally is for presidential elections. But I think the turnout will be above normal youth turnout... but below 2008.

The GOP positions on immigration and women's rights will hurt them far more than Obama's position on gay marriage will hurt him.
Their position on Immigration does hurt the GOP brand. They have little room for error on that issue now thanks to Obama's temporary amnesty of children who were illegally brought here by their parents through no fault of their own.

Are you kidding me? Americans want their border protected and the squatters kicked out!
Well I agree the border has to be protected and immigrants with visa's should be tracked so we can deport them if they overstay their visa which should be the policy. Its not all about the border. Its not like you are gonna deport 11 million illegals though. The children of illegals should stay as should somebody who is living the last few years of their lives of the lives if they came here illegally. The people who came are in the middle of those two groups should pay back taxes that they owe, learn english, and pay a fine for coming here illegally. If you can't do those 3 things than you should be deported.

And how is this going to discourage future anchor babies?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »

It still won't be popular overall, but not as unpopular as in 2010.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies