attention whoring (what else is new?): one month sober. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:22:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  attention whoring (what else is new?): one month sober. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: attention whoring (what else is new?): one month sober.  (Read 3179 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 01, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »

I try not to count, but it's hard not to notice this one. it's been going as well as I could have hoped. cravings are down considerably, and I'm even able to function well in social environments where people are drinking (bars, restaurants, etc.) I did so last night and the thought of a drink barely even crossed a corner of my mind.

so now the challenge would be to 'stay quit'. not let apathy catch me in one of those 'strange mental blank spots' that the Big Book talks about.

as for my path, reading the Rational Recovery book helped a whole lot, as did the SMART Handbook and the one SMART meeting I went to. I haven't been to an AA meeting in more than three weeks, and don't really plan to go back, though if I get bored here and there I may drop in for the laughs. I have half a mind to go and ask for a one-month chip now (to help their statistics).
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

Congratulations, Tweed. Smiley I can't offer more than the most obvious platitudes (AA and otherwise), but a month's great progress. I know this is incredibly obvious and cheesy, but addiction's a lifelong fight - take it one day at a time, and so on.

'one day at a time' is an AA platitude.  thanks buddy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

I didn't know you had a drinking problem, but congratulations.

and yes, there was a time when at least 30-40% of my posts (and 4 out of every 5 infracted posts) were alcohol-infused.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »

I posted this on a recovery message board I frequent.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »

I'm a month sober today (again).
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »

That is great Tweed.  I'm nearly 8 months now. Try to stay quit.  To reiterate the above post I made at around week 1, I wasted and lost a whole lot of time, money and ambition by not staying sober from around your age. I had some fun nights and some good stories but it certainly wasnt worth it.

and there are fun nights and good stories that come on this side of the ledger, too.  one of the great lies the addiction tells us is that there can't be.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »

incidentally today is my 39th day sober, marking the longest such stretch I have had since late 2008.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies