talking points with a twist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:15:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  talking points with a twist
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: talking points with a twist  (Read 208 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2012, 03:32:15 AM »

this time it's talking points that you don't understand why anyone would use, because they just sound ineffective. i'll give an example:

"party of no." how come democrats and "progressives" use this so much? all "party of no" really tells people is that 1. Republicans stand firm against everything you do and 2. you're upset because they're successful at blocking your agenda (or at least, that frustration is implied). it makes you sound weak and ineffectual. people aren't going to respond well to that unless they already didn't like the gop.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:10:54 AM »

this time it's talking points that you don't understand why anyone would use, because they just sound ineffective. i'll give an example:

"party of no." how come democrats and "progressives" use this so much? all "party of no" really tells people is that 1. Republicans stand firm against everything you do and 2. you're upset because they're successful at blocking your agenda (or at least, that frustration is implied). it makes you sound weak and ineffectual. people aren't going to respond well to that unless they already didn't like the gop.
I think the point of the "Party of No" idea is to imply that the Republicans don't have any ideas beyond opposing the other side's.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies