Opinion of Ian Smith
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:25:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ian Smith
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Ian Smith
Great Man

A Good Man

A Good but Misguided Man

A Bad Man

An Evil Man

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Opinion of Ian Smith  (Read 2305 times)
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »

Discuss
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:23:09 AM »

Next is, what ? Opinion of Hitler ?
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:27:02 AM »

Your comparing Ian Smith, a man who was nearly killed whilst flying a spitfire in World War II, and who fought with French and Italian partisans against the Germans, to Adolf Hitler, an insane, degenerate anti-semite. I have no words to express my opinion on this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »

Your comparing Ian Smith, a man who was nearly killed whilst flying a spitfire in World War II, and who fought with French and Italian partisans against the Germans, to Adolf Hitler, an insane, degenerate anti-semite. I have no words to express my opinion on this.

Yes, of course, because being a veteran absolves you from all future deeds Roll Eyes
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »

Yes, of course, because being a veteran absolves you from all future deeds Roll Eyes

I still don't get how he is evil.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »

Racist fascists are generally horrible people.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »

You know what I do with defenders of Racism...

They go on my ignore list

(Yeah, a bit lame and all but it is, unfortunately, the internet. It's a bit pointless to shout "f-ck off" to a screen).
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »

Racist fascists are generally horrible people.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »

though I have to say, he was the obvious person to rule RHODESia.
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »

This genuinely surprises me. I am yet to be convinced he was a fascist.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »

I feel obliged to mention that Hitler was a World War One veteran.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »

I think he was seriously misguided, but did not have the intentions that Hitler, or any other genocidal loon, for that matter, held. He not that was great compared to Mugabe, but I would still prefer him.
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »

I feel obliged to mention that Hitler was a World War One veteran.

My point is that Ian Smith wasn't a fascist. He didn't have to join the RAF to fight Nazism, but he did, and put himself at great personal risk.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »

This genuinely surprises me. I am yet to be convinced he was a fascist.

I personally don't think he was a fascist, but he was an authoritarian racist scumbag to say the least.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »

I think he was seriously misguided, but did not have the intentions that Hitler, or any other genocidal loon, for that matter, held.

Pretty much this. I'll vote Bad Man, but not Evil Man.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 11:46:20 PM »

Somewhere between Bad and Evil, but I'll exercise compassion and say Bad for now.
FreedomFighter
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »

Ian Smith was just a racist baby killer, who hated freedom fighters like Mugabe, who wanted to get rid of another regime which was just a Reagan white American stooge.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »

Ian Smith was just a racist baby killer, who hated freedom fighters like Mugabe, who wanted to get rid of another regime which was just a Reagan white American stooge.

Of course, Mugabe wasn't (and isn't) that much of a nice himself. He's a dictator and a racist who can't even run his own country very well. Both Ian Smith and Robert Mugabe are/were terrible people.
FreedomFighter
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »

Of course, Mugabe wasn't (and isn't) that much of a nice himself. He's a dictator and a racist who can't even run his own country very well. Both Ian Smith and Robert Mugabe are/were terrible people.

At least Mugabe is justified in his racism. White people (me included) have a lot to answer for due to their rape of native peoples.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »

At least Mugabe is justified in his racism. White people (me included) have a lot to answer for due to their rape of native peoples.

Are you saying racism is justified? Under any circumstances, it isn't.
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »

Of course it is! As a self respecting leftist, he knows that racism expressed by ethnic minorities is good, as he thinks white people deserve it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 11:12:05 AM »

Of course it is! As a self respecting leftist, he knows that racism expressed by ethnic minorities is good, as he thinks white people deserve it.

But he is white... I've never really understood AA either, so I guess it goes in line with that.
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »

But he is white... I've never really understood AA either, so I guess it goes in line with that.

Then he's obviously insane.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »

Then he's obviously insane.

Seems logical.
freefair
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »

Less Bad than Mugabe, but still Bad. Not truly, manically evil , however.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies