Things that are f'd up about the US thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:43:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Things that are f'd up about the US thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things that are f'd up about the US thread  (Read 8000 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 03, 2012, 10:02:54 AM »

The biggest problem with the US is that its just too perfect.

Please elucidate.  Are you a masochist?

As for myself, the list of things I dislike about the Bad Place is (as you might expect on the part of one who calls it 'The Bad Place') too long to get into here, but I'll just tell you about three images that dominate my dim remembrance of visits home:

1) The Drug Sniffing Dogs which greet you, held straining on leashes by black-uniformed storm troopers as LAX.  Welcome to the 'Land of the Free'!  (in Thailand there is no customs - you just walk in!)

2) Every time I come home, I'm pulled over at least once.  The place is absolutely teeming with pi.. police.  And the lights that they flash behind you nowadays are totally blinding - really dangerous.  Again, welcome to the Land of the Free. (in Thailand you hardly ever see any police, and there is almost no crime, and even the few police there are go home at six PM... I have never actually seen anyone pulled over here, ever!)

3) The Gastrointestinal and Privy aspect.  I shall not go into detail, but let me say that the food in the USA does NOT agree with me, and as for the toilets, a photoset will suffice:

In The Bad Place:

In The Good Place:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies