California mulling law that would allow children to have more than two parents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California mulling law that would allow children to have more than two parents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: California mulling law that would allow children to have more than two parents  (Read 4142 times)
FreedomFighter
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 09:16:46 AM »

Its about time we did away with outdated traditions like marriage and family. They cause nothing but inhibiition of people's desires.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »

In the abstract the more the merrier, but multiple parents strikes me as meaning multiple arguments as to how the kids are raised. It might make sense where the one or two existing parents really can't handle it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

Woah Sim, hold up.  The article seems to suggest that the purpose of the legislation is to recognize that more than two people can assume a parental role in a child's life -- something that doesn't seem particularly crazy, considering the way divorces oftentimes work out.

Yeah look at Ronald Reagan.  My parents were disgusted with his lifestyle, but what are you going to do?  I mean they were taught you get married and stay married.  They didn't approve of his swinging Hollywood marriage lifestyle.  Now you're married, oops, now you're not.  I guess Ronnie's boys out in Cali need to change the law to accommodate that kind of lifestyle.

Good grief.  This law obviously is about accommodating situations where more than two adults fulfill at least some of the responsibilities associated with parenthood.  It's not about establishing three-way marriages, or encouraging broken homes, or whatever.  If you want to argue it's a perverse incentive, sure.  But if I wanted knee-jerk reactions to news article titles, or "lol only in California jokes," I'd go to Yahoo News instead Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »

Its about time we did away with outdated traditions like marriage and family. They cause nothing but inhibiition of people's desires.

And I'm out.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 02:06:05 AM »

And I'm out.

What is the point of finding a post that offends you and storming off?  Why would you respond to the worst argument (and not even respond to it!) instead of the best?  This isn't www.curmudgeoncontest.com.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 02:10:27 AM »

And I'm out.

What is the point of finding a post that offends you and storming off?  Why would you respond to the worst argument (and not even respond to it!) instead of the best?  This isn't www.curmudgeoncontest.com.

An argument by a sock/troll no less. It's not like the argument is being advanced in good faith. With that said, I can think of certain people on the forum who I would not be terribly surprised to see advance that argument.
BlueDog Bimble
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 02:37:29 AM »

This bill sounds like something the NDP would advance.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

Yeah look at Ronald Reagan.  My parents were disgusted with his lifestyle, but what are you going to do?  I mean they were taught you get married and stay married.  They didn't approve of his swinging Hollywood marriage lifestyle.  Now you're married, oops, now you're not.  I guess Ronnie's boys out in Cali need to change the law to accommodate that kind of lifestyle.

Really? Your immediate reaction to this thread was to sh**t on Ronald Reagan? What the fuc has he got to do with it?

In reaction to the actual thread, I don't like the idea of the government defining what parents are at all, but I suppose I'll support this as a step in the right direction.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »

But if I wanted knee-jerk reactions to news article titles, or "lol only in California jokes," I'd go to Yahoo News instead Tongue

we try our best Sad
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies