California mulling law that would allow children to have more than two parents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:44:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California mulling law that would allow children to have more than two parents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California mulling law that would allow children to have more than two parents  (Read 4193 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 03, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »
« edited: July 03, 2012, 10:58:07 AM by Simfan34 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/03/12543099-california-bill-would-allow-children-to-have-more-than-two-parents

You all probably think this is an excellent idea, so I'm not even going to try. I know gay marriage is often considered an "assault on traditional family", but I do not consider it such. This, however, is. Multiple parents, come on! Why don't we just take the great leap right now and prohibit marriage, ban the churches, go to test tube babies, in short just jump straight into Brave New World?

Also, there's something incredibly agitating about California's insistence on having a complex web of legislation that always requires people to do more and/or get less- whether it be for insurance. cars, or hot dog stands. It just reeks of arrogance. I don't have a problem with the pieces of legislation themselves, just the fact they feel the need to almost always make things more complex, as if they're better than the rest of the country or something. The sad thing is their size means they get away with it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »

Its about time we did away with outdated traditions like marriage and family. They cause nothing but inhibiition of people's desires.

And I'm out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies